Third World WTS

by gringojj 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

keep in mind the wt is a business. they are looking for $$$$$$$$ @5 years ago the wt closed thier branch office in India. something to do with lack of funds! inother words they weren't getting enough donations there. the wt is only in countries that will let them in. china, saudia arabia, yemen, etc have none or next to no jw's or wt branch offices. why doesn't the gb go personnally into IRAN, OR iRAQ. BECAUSE THEY know they will be BEHEADED. in short order. so they are not really foot step followers of jesus. they are in the real estate business. john

• greendawn
    greendawn

Spook are you sure the JWs appeal mainly to moderate protestants? They've made a lot of converts from catholics as in Latin America and in Europe. From the orthodox as well. Perhaps even most JWS are not ex protestants.

As for most Moslem states as Johnnie also says they would be readily executed upon trying to convert any moslems, and also the converts if they don't return to islam in three days maximum from their arrest.

• Spook
    Spook

I don't think it's a majority. But let's say there are 10 major categories from which converts come. I see a bell curve where protestants are over represented in western lands.

Your comment about Latin America is accurate. That would fall under my category of former missionary activity. I have first hand experience with rural South America and the work there. Many small towns and villages are predominantly Catholic. But these are largely isolated from the majesterium of the Church at large. Many members find appeal in the symbology and mystical aspects of Catholicism in such conditions. Greek and Lutheran Orthodoxy does not have a large hold in many of these areas.

What you say about the Islamic states is accurate. But the fact extends to the U.S. and western lands. The ability to argue Christianity vs. Islam is not really possible. Converts in western lands from ethnic communities and minorities have great impetus for a common social circle where people who are generally left out can fit in and rub shoulders on par in the theocratic arrangement. So, an immigrant farmer might be a social equal with people whom he wouldn't be outside the organization.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yes the Moslems are hard for the JWs even in the West perhaps they fear becoming outcasts in their original countries, and they don't easily mix and integrate.

Certain fanatical elements do talk from time to time about organising and sending death squads in the West to execute Moslem converts to Christianity. Being people of medieval ruthlessness and brutality they can be intimidating to western Moslems.

• carla
    carla

I have a question for you - I know someone going to Malawi this summer. I don't know her very well and she is not aware of the jw problem in our household. She is going as a Christian missionary and to work with aids children. Considering the wt history in Malawi should I say anything to her? It was a long time ago, maybe modern day Malawians don't even remember. What do you think? thanks,carla

• gringojj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit