Who's picketing a convention this year?

by Junction-Guy 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I will be, I just cant decide where. Im trying to tie it all into my vacation, but I might just have to drive a ways for a 1 day picket within my region. Some locations I have considered are Amarillo TX, Cleveland OH, Duluth Ga, Biloxi MS, Columbia SC, Huntsville AL, Little Rock AR, and possibly Johnson City TN, but kinda doubtful there. Dayton Ohio will definitely be out--too much family there.

Dave

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Has that been done before?

Will you have a placard?

Any printed material to hand out?

Won't that offend them?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I have never picketed a convention before, but I have picketed kingdom halls. I have various signs that I use. Will it offend them? probably. I plan to call the TV Stations on the morning of the picketing, im sure that will have them all riled up.

Dave

• Sith
    Sith

I've been out of the Borg for many years now, and thought I had put much of it behind me. Since I began reading this board, my feelings have changed. A lot of anger has resurfaced, but a lot of compassion as well. I'm angry at the idiots who perpetuate the lies, but feel sorry of the innocents who buy into it, especially the children who have no choice. I'm thinking about becoming proactive. I remember, as a kid, seeing "apostates" with their placards at conventions. I remember being afraid of them. I remember comments made by adult JWs about them. Now, I think I'll become one. Probably won't do a bit of good, but at least I'm doing something. Trying, in my own small way, to right a major wrong

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

I dont know about picketing when I was in my brainwashed state I would not take anything from anyone picketing or anyone else that I knew because of how I was trained

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Topics for placards:

"Learn the Truth about the troof ... go to www.jehovahs-witnesses.com"

"Why does the GB not want you on the web? Is there something there they don't want you to see???"

"Do you know the history behind the Tower? You can find out on the WWW"

"Can loyalty to a billion dollar publishing company get you everlasting life? Find out on the WWW"

etc. etc. etc.

I have never thought about picketing. As a dub, I remember seeing some 'apostates' at the Pontiac Silverdome but was too afraid to read the placards . But I bet some dubs do, not to mention the 'persons of interest'. And you help warn the rest of the public when you get media coverage.

If anyone is doing it in MI this year, let me know. I'll at least stop by and see ya , I'll bring refreshments too.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

It forces a 'crisis of conscience' for anyone who views it.If it's a slow news day you could be on the 6:00 news or the next day's newspaper,then your reach exceeds the street corner many times.

Read his story in the Maine Times 2001 got in the newspaper,and in effect, i am still picketing in cyberspace 24/7

1996 Quincy Massachusetts (above)

• CinemaBlend
    CinemaBlend

What's the point in picketing? Don't you remember what those people looked like to you when you were "in"?

It won't do any good, you're just wasiting your time.

• Dustin
    Dustin

Not for me. However if it gives you some peace of mind, go nuts. I'm sure Satan's got your back.

• simplesally
    simplesally

How about something that would perk the mind??

"Wasn't Cornelius in the military??? How come the military cannot be baptized now??"

"If you cannot be in the military, how did Cornelius become the first Gentile baptized?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit