What's the best way to FADE away from the JW's?

by JH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• El blanko
    El blanko

Tell the elders you are depressed, ditch the door to door work and slowly stop attending meetings. Stop answering your phone and door for a few months and that should just about do it.

The internal kingdom hall gossip network will do the rest. You will likely be viewed as weak or an evil apostate

• delilah
    delilah

it was easy for me to fade too, as there was an awful mess in our KH as well. I knew too much and could therefore do some damage. So it was easy for them to leave me alone and not try to "help" me to come back. Sick situation actually. I'm very glad they don't bother me....

Dee P.S. I just stopped going to the meetings.....no-one called or came by, lucky me.

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

Do as I did. Move to a congregation where nobody knows you. Go there like once a month 6 months. Then quit. If your lucky, as I was, the congregation dies out. So now I donĀ“t know what cong I belong. I did move away from the area too.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I changed congregations, but I don't think my publisher card ever made it there. No one has ever contacted me about it, so I guess no one cares anyway. The only issues I have are with my family, but I think they are finally accepting the fact that I'm never ever coming back.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky
    Join the Witness Protection Program

Ha Ha! Good one curlygirl.

• JH
    JH
    1,100 miles away and that worked like a charm!

Funny, that's exactly the distance that I had in mind.....

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

i moved to a metropolitan area, changed congregations a couple of times and then just quit going all together. worked pretty well for me......

• iamforeverfree
    iamforeverfree

TRY READING THE JOKES ON VIRUSHEAD.NET JUST CLICK ON JW JOKES AND LAUGH YOUR SAY HAPPY AGAIN. THEYT ARE THE FUNNIEST JOKES NOT JUST ABOUT JW'S BUT FUNNY ALL ROUND. DO IT YOUR WILL LAUGH i PROMISE YOU.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Lay in lawn chair nekked! Oh, wait! That won't make you fade! that only happens to colored cloth..

carmel

• greendawn
    greendawn

Moving away is a good tactic but then for some people this may not be possible due to work or family or the psychological unsettling effect involved in moving. I personally stopped going to the preaching work and the theocratic school and attended on the weekend ever less frequently. The elders came to my house to see what's going on but I just ignored them and they never bothered me again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit