Got a e-mail from a friend who I confided in about my "apostate" thoughts

by ithinkisee 11 Replies latest members private

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    I'm not sure what your motivations were for researching the society's teachings in the first place...maybe subtle doubt...and maybe, because you don't really want to follow all the society's teachings. Maybe because there's some things in the "world" you'd like to taste, but feel guilty about doing while simutaneously attending meetings and witnessing. I honestly don't know. But, I'll tell you a little something about myself.

Short answer - "Because I want to make sure of the truth for MYSELF. What's wrong with that?"

I hope you can help him. Perhaps the reason he feels so miserable about his so-called, short term, fleshly pleasures is because he is still imprisoned by WT thought. He doesn't realize yet, that once he breaks the tower yoke he will be free to live life on his own terms without guilt.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Sweet tee...exactly!!!!

When I wandered back to the KH after I had my son, the sister that studied with me was very VERY intent on making sure I understood that I had to "make the truth my own". That it was a personal experience, not just asnwering questions in a book. Well, I really did, and that's why my baptism meant so much to me, However, as the years went by, and I really saw as an adult how things were inthe congregation, and contradictions with the bible, I came to believe it wasn't the only way.

There are people that will have hard questions that may be satisified and stay, or just ignore the real answers and stay. But those of us that needed to understand, well, we keep asking, because we cannot let anyone make up our minds for us. That is what free will is supposedly about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit