One upsmanship...

by hartstrings 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I must admit I never ever read anything unless I had to study it for the Watchtower study or bookstudy. I felt & still feel that the questions & given answers never really got to see what was in someones' heart, if they actually understood what was going on or if they were all just nodding like sheep cos' the didn't want to be looked down on as spiritually weak. I must say at one stage in my Witness life I was fired up and that ..... but I still had so many awkward questions that I would ask re: How can not speaking to disfellowshipped pple show love? Why do we say that 144 000 is a literal number when the just about the whole of revelation is spiritual?

It's sad but I think most of us were afraid of how the organisation/congregation/elders/fellow witnesses would see us, so we plodded along until we just could not take it anymore. I remember telling an elder (about 3 weeks ago) that this handing out of so called truths on a silver platter is not what is meant by "examing the scriptures" . It's being force fed.

We can be relieved we found the courage to move out because the faith does have such a hold on one. FREEDOM IS A GOOD THING

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

ONE UPMANSHIP,well i'll be damned at this thread title,because that is my # 1 charge against JW's.

They are ultra competitive and dog eat dog.I have seen it in several sojurned congregations.

Gal 5:15 "no backbiting"

I have found that worldly workmates may talk behind my back,but a Jehovah's Witness will stab me in the back.

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

some of the pioneers i new engaged in prematital/ extramarital sex (appartenly oral isn't loose conduct or cheating), kind of like some of the elders i new of. and then there were 2 pio-boys who were good dope hook-ups

sad, how many you can look back on who were veiwed as spiritual for the hours of service be it at a meeting or the field, who's families needed them. i mean, really needed them.

• Sith
    Sith

How very small our world used to be

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit