My Nan's Pentecostal Funeral

by GetBusyLiving 14 Replies latest jw friends

• devinsmom
    devinsmom

Aww hun, Im sorry to hear about your nan...that priest, what a c*cksmoker! That was big of you to hold it together through that! Im glad you were able to be with her before she passed. That was really cool, what she said to you.

My grandma is not well these days, she is jw and just started talking to me a little within the past couple years, Im glad for that because she wont be around for long. I hate to think of when she passes. No one treats you like your grandma can.

Hugs...April

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

(((Sheldon))) I'm sorry.

As for the funeral, those are harsh, not to mention untrue words to say to anyone, especially at a funeral. It's too bad he didn't have the brains to just let it be about your grandmother and leave it at that.

"Life is only a dream, isnt it Sheldon? Go on and enjoy your life."

I love that.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

GBL:Sorry you had to endure the hard sell, during such a sensitive occasion. In that respects it sounds as if the preacher was little better than the JWs.

"Life is only a dream, isnt it Sheldon? Go on and enjoy your life."

Are you sure she didn't know your screen name, here?
    It's sounds pretty Christian to me, but then I would say that - I'm unorthodox!

I'm glad you were able to endure it, to be there for family, and to remain upbeat.
    Though I've offered them on another thread, please let me offer condolences again on your loss. Your Nan sounds like a good woman.

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allen Poe

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am a Granny to many grand children & Great grand children, I am so sorry about your Nan!! She sounds like a REAL CHRISTIAN!!!! I have to agree with her -"Go on & enjoy your life!!! "( cos it is the only one you will have....if you dont invite the giver of life into your heart!

OUCH!!!!!THAT STONE HURT ME GUYS!!!!! lol

• JW83
    JW83

GBL, I just read this post. The preacher sounds like an arrogant prick. Your nan, on the other hand, sounds like a very special lady. My hubby's grandma, who is 81 & who I thought was strong orthodox, said to me a few weeks ago that she doesn't really believe in anything at all! She is a gorgeous lady, & I know that her family means the world to her. Enjoy life while you can - it's a great motto. Hugs for you & your mom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit