Do JWs Actually Have Less of a Divorce Rate Than Other Religions???

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think so. Very few couples got divorced, even after they were caught with another person.I know that MOST that got df'd for straying still didn't get divorced----they tried to work it out. Have you seen this too?

• integ
    integ

That must mean that it's the "Truth".

• minimus
    minimus

Noooooo. But I think the religion expects couples to stay together almost no matter what.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

First there is the shot-gun wedding, and then there is the shot-gun marriage counseling.

Actually, I'm inclined to think that they will have one of following things:

• A divorce rate slightly higher than the general population.

or

• A substantially higher rate of marriage problems when compared to the general population.
  • minimus
    minimus

I believe it's option 2. There are a lot of miserable JW couples that would never get a divorce.

• love11
    love11

I would guess that the amish have the lowest divorce rate. But then again, who wants to have a marriage like the amish?

• minimus
    minimus

The Amish are good in bed, though.

• love11
    love11

LOL@ minimus!!

• minimus
    minimus

(Taking bow)...."Thank you. Thank you."

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

I know plenty JW's who are married but sleep in separate rooms. I know a few that are married but live separate. Then there are the ones who are just miserable...it's all over their faces. But all of my former married JW friends are now divorced including myself...so i think the numbers in the divorce area is going up. The younger generation don't care so much about towing the line and keeping up the "look" they are divorcing even though the "borg" tells them not to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit