Needle exchange opened today across from my shop

by orbison11 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Eric
    Eric
    You mean those twelve Chinese stores on that fifty yard stretch of road is a Chinatown?

And I thought the term "Ugly American" was out-moded. I have a lot to learn.

orbisson, I wish your business all the success in the world. If you can't see how this clinic is a net plus for your community, give up aspirations of mayorhood.

There are so many of us who look beyond selfish goals these days.

Eric

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

My first thought is why should we protect drug adicts?

My second thought is ....I picture them hard up for a clean needle so they can use..and immediately go outside and shoot up.

My third thought is..Put the funds into a Drug rehab program.

My forth thought is..the majority wins. No matter who is wrong and who is right. Who ever carries the most weight will get their way.

My fifth thought is..drug addicts are known to steal to support their habit. What would stop them from sizing up the neighborhood and businesses for future fixs? Also soliciting for sex?

And last..The government never has been known for it's brains...that's why they put buildings that house child molesters next to schools and day cares!...

Snoozy...who believes everyone deserves help but using your brain while you're doing it!

• talesin
    talesin

Much success, orbi!

I hope things get worked out. The news article seems to indicate that the needle exchange folks are willing to work with the business community, and I hope that you all come to a resolution.

Enjoy that cooler, put your feet up, and have a well-deserved rest after a long day.

xo

tal

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Eric,

And I thought the term "Ugly American" was out-moded. I have a lot to learn.

You certainly do, considering that I am neither ugly, nor American!

Of course, if you wish to try and convince us that Victoria;'s 'Chinatown' is more than twelve buildings selling a pitiful collection of tourist styled Chinese goods on a fifty yard stretch of street, please feel free to post photographs.

Some of us travel. Some of us open our eyes.

HS

• orbison11
    orbison11

ok read the posts and i think you ALL are right on, unfortunatley i am torn on several of the issues

i think the best is to work on finding whate ver they need, ie funding, social knowledge of their effectiveness, and to make our streets safe for those who paved them for us

wendy

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

OOPS! my bad! i meant 700 in taxes! sorry,,,it feels like 7,000. I thought about that while driving today i was like "man i gotta pay 7,000...wait a minute thats not right" but thats for last year when i was working. I'm unemployed now....

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Eric

Read between my lines dude; quite frankly I thought the reaction a little extreme, but the liklihood of someone changing their mind on this issue as a result of a post or two is rather low, and it may indeed be an area unsuited to a needle exchange (although the fact there are addicts there seems to answer that in the negative).

That being the case (i.e. I ain't gonna convert orbison to my view on drug legislation/education et. al.), a helpful suggestion that gives orb somehting to do that won't potentially cut addicts off from clean needles and (in most cities without needle exchanges across the road from city hall, which let's face it is the majority) that would generate cool press seemed a better course of action.

There's more than one way to skin a cat you know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit