Field Service is a Farce

by swiftbreeze 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Phone service was the focus of the last assembly

• steve2
    steve2
    I read on a JW site that they do phone field service now. I wonder where they get the names and phone number from ?

I suppose it's easier to fake phone field service than it is to fake door to door...unless the brothers want to examine your phone bill!

My impression was that everyone exaggerated the amount of time they spent in the field serive, especially those doing some form of pioneering. When they related their field service during the meetings, they conveyed a totally different impression about what happened going door to door than what actually occurred. We're all human, I guess, and prone to a bit of exaggeration; but what really got to me was the routine faking that made up a lot of the preaching work. Mistakes are one thing, but habitual exaggeration and prefering to do preaching where less actual time was spent witnessing (e.g., rural areas).

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I've done quite a few parts/experiences at the assemblies: Everything is cached by the Overseer, and he will make

you exaggerate to "encourage" people

• luna2
    luna2

I've only been in two congregations, but there was a marked difference between the two as far as field service went. I think how a congregation views service depends a lot on the PO.

In the IL congregation we had a PO and wife who did the driving around thing a lot. There was also the habit of taking a long break at about 10:00 or 10:30 in the morning. His wife was known for meeting for service and then often having to go home to get something she forgot...or even not being ready on time to meet for service so that her husband had to go back to the house to pick her up before heading out. This wasn't such a big deal in IL because their house wasn't far from the KH, but I heard from a friend who visited them in WA, that they live quite a distance from the KH there and she was still pulling that stuff. Hours of wasted time with a return visit or quick magazine placement made to start their time so that they could count all the unnecessary driving as service.

When I got here, I noticed that there was less pointless driving around and much shorter breaks...at least during the week. When a new PO was appointed, the breaks got longer. I remember going out with them one day and when we stopped for a break, they ordered a full breakfast! We didn't get out of there for at least 45 min. LOL

• apocalypse
    apocalypse

I remember back in the late 90's when I started to fake it. I still fake it.

As far as actually talking to people goes, I rate it a successful day when I get through it without having to talk to anyone.

I love the territories with door bells. You can fake pushing them. Even the fellow elder working with you is not the wiser. It's amazing to see how many dubs are just so happy when nobody comes within 5 seconds and they start to run away.

Dubs have three FS speeds. Theres low gear (for between doors), super low gear (approach to door) and high gear (when nobody answers in 5 secs)

On my FS slip, I alternate my hrs. between the numbers 8, 9, 10 and sometimes 11

Mags are 2,4, and sometimes 6. Occasionally I use an odd number for those who only want Awake LOL

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Crawling Baby I began my door to door in diapers 1957 ended 1991 I NEVER padded my hours. Walking

I really believed in my heart of hearts that i was marking souls for life and death.

That's why i am out of the fraud for God cult.

[The incentive for most men (brothers) for getting into a car group was to flirt with the sisters.]

Party time Disco Ball

• geevee
    geevee

"I've done quite a few parts/experiences at the assemblies: Everything is cached by the Overseer, and he will make you exaggerate to "encourage" people" I too have seen this happen a few times. Spice the experiences up and exaggerate them. Make them more interesting. Why doesn't the DO or CO just hand some one a script of what they want them to say? As we see and I do/have done it too, exaggerate field service report, its all BS, so why shouldn't the experiences be too?

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Apocalypse, I was laughing so loud when I read your experiences that my wife poked her head around the doorway to ask what was so funny. Great stuff!

• wiegel
    wiegel

sounds like it might be time for people to start putting themselves on the "do not call" list ( https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx ).

30. Are calls from political organizations or calls soliciting for charities covered?

Political solicitations are not covered by the TSR at all, since they are not included in its definition of ?telemarketing.? Charities are not covered by the requirements of the national registry. However, if a third-party telemarketer is calling on behalf of a charity, a consumer may ask not to receive any more calls from, or on behalf of, that specific charity. If a third-party telemarketer calls again on behalf of that charity, the telemarketer may be subject to a fine of up to $11,000.

$11,000 might hit them where they live. Fair is fair. Let's do things in accordance with the law of the land. how many will show up for "phone witnessing" (aka coffee and donuts and gossip session) and actually call someone after the first ding? i will think about that for a while...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

trudy

• swiftbreeze
    swiftbreeze

I guess i was the sucker, because i never lied about my hours. maybe if i did i would not have had such a hard time...i remember how the service overseer would get on me about not turning in my time...i used to say "i don't have any for this month" he would get so frustrated then when the CO came to visit he would really have his drawers in a bunch...saying "you gotta have something, an hour or two"

now it's all clear.. my family was making their numbers look bad...it's all about the numbers...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit