Christian missionary whinges about the prosperity of Kenya

by cofty 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DJS
    DJS

Kenyans taking back the land:

"When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land."

Desmond Tutu

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Try to preach to Taliban. That's a challenge! Allahu Akbhar
  • bemused
    bemused

Thanks Cofty - absolutely priceless.

I loved the fact that not being able to speak English ranked alongside dirt and bug-bites.  Perhaps she should go to China? 

• cofty
    cofty

How incredibly arrogant to think that people who are in poverty need your superstitious delusion in order to be happy - and then to be disappointed that they are not in poverty after all.

The lady has shown clearly that it was all about her. The hubris of western christians never fails to amaze me.

• cofty
    cofty

From the comments section.

Nairobians drive and shop in malls? Oh! The horror!
    Why is everyone ambushing you for wanting all Kenyans to be miserable? I mean, isn’t that what your “mission” was about, watching suffering and giving hand-outs to feel better about your life? How else do these people expect you,a child of the Lord to find fulfillment?

Seriously though,you didn’t research Nairobi? Exactly how were you planning to help if you had NO idea what the people needed? The arrogance,the ignorance,the self-righteousness STINKS! - Leah

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Thanks cofty.  Interesting.

But at least she recognized that no matter what, it was what GOD wanted her to experience ... it was all part of HIS plan for her.

But as the day has worn on, I realized that I wasn’t fully accepting all that God had for me.
    That He orchestrated this unexpected time in Nairobi.
    That He wanted us to see the affluent parts so I could gain perspective.
    That He wanted me to search myself and find the flesh in me that wanted to secretly stay here in the safe.
    The protected.
    The secure.
    [...]
    So, did I fall in love with Nairobi today?
    No.
    But I fell deeper in love with a God who uses all the things, including the safe and affluent, to change my heart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit