Seeing red?

by arrowstar 10 Replies latest social entertainment

• arrowstar
  • arrowstar
    arrowstar

You'd think the soccer fans would have something to say about this, wouldn't ya?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i watch soccer but recently not followed one particalar team...just wanna see good exciting games..dont really care who owns the clubs...but thanx for letting us know

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Does this mean Manchester will don pads and play REAL football now?

• Special K
    Special K

So cool, Arrowstar.

Manchester United, the world's wealthiest and arguably most famous soccer club, became American property in all but name Thursday.

American property you say.. WOW!

Special K

• Simon
    Simon
    Does this mean Manchester will don pads and play REAL football now?

You mean the FOOTball where they use their HANDS and stop for adverts every 5 seconds?

Nah, we'll stick to the 90 minutes non-stop action that we and the rest of the world enjoy thank you very much. You should try it !

oh, sorry, I forgot ... you did and suck big time. I guess that's why America only plays games that no one else does.

Hey, why don't you call it the world series cup?

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Hey...I'm a hockey fan.

I do admire the game. It's just amazing.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Major League Soccer in the US now has a team owned by Mexicans "FC Chivas" in Los Angeles and hopes to attract more Mexican owners and eventually European owners.

I have been a fan of MLS Soccer since it began and hope the league continues to grow.

Can US Rugby be far behind?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Wow, I drew the attention of THE Simon, he actually quoted me (before ripping me), I feel honored. And all kidding aside Simon I mean that, this is a great place, thank you for providing it, I mean that sincerely.

Now, on the other hand, yes I enjoy a game where the upper body is actually used rather than a bunch of guys running around like girls what with their arms waving about uselessly and there is a little manly contact from time to time.

• Simon
    Simon
    Now, on the other hand, yes I enjoy a game where the upper body is actually used rather than a bunch of guys running around like girls what with their arms waving about uselessly and there is a little manly contact from time to time.

Ah, in that case you will want Rugby. 80 minutes of continous play, no stopping for ads, no namby pamby padding. Propper tackles. And everyone gets to beat the Scotts*, what more could you want?

(* I can't believe Little Toe is not biting ... )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit