Anybody here remember the "Lake" Congregation in Rochester NY?

by mapleaf18 9 Replies latest jw friends

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

Anybody here remember the "Lake" Congregation in Rochester (actually Greece) NY?

This was before it split into the English Park and Long Pond Rd. cong. (more or less due to family cliques and not growth). . .

• Shania
    Shania

No.

• Zuko
    Zuko

I remember it for some reason. I used to know people out that way. I was raised and still live in Buffalo

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

No, but I remember going to an assembly at the Rochester War Memorial Arena. I always thought that it was an odd place to hold a JW convention, but I guess if the rent is cheap ...

Kwin ... skipping out on the Canadian show to hang with the Yankies

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Sorry, another "no" reply. But I was there when the Assembly Hall was being built in West Henrietta just outside Rochester.

My eyes shot to my eyebrows when I moved from MA to NY, and our DC was held at the Syracuse WAR MEMORIAL!!!! I was so surprised that the WTS would actually choose a place that honors war!!!

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

MY WIFE ATTENDED THE HAMLIN, FAIRPORT & IRONDEQUOIT CONGREGATIONS. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN E-MAIL AT [email protected]. SHE WAS BABTISED IN 1969.

OUTASERVICE

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes, I remember it.

I was also at the assembly hall building.

• Zuko
    Zuko

I attended many conventions at the assembly hall in Henrietta. I was Baptized there.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I know the area congregations. And I believe that I know the families that helped facilitate the formation of those congregations.

One of those family names is mine.

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

WOW,

YES, YES, YES.

I had attended the Lake Unit since I was a little girl. I also attended the Greece Congregation. I was a pioneer sister there, married there and yes.. was disfellowshiped there.

I must know you... I am sure. I would love to write you. Please feel free to write me.

Do you remember the names...Mully, Milletello, "Matina", Doberstein, Remley, Packards.... and many more? Hope to hear from you.

my e-mail [email protected]

who ever you are.....love ya and lots of hugs and support!! gold_morning

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit