Its Friday the 13th!

by Big Dog 19 Replies latest social humour

• fairchild
    fairchild
    When I just posted a comment about our 14 year old daughter loving Friday the 13th, I just noticed that was my 250th Post, which moved me from "Junior Member" to "Senior Member".

Maybe our daughter is right, that Friday the 13th is a lucky day! Now I'm a believer! Wahooo!

Haha, see? Friday the 13th has been good to you. Dragged you right out of the junior label!

• Shania
    Shania

Hi BD!! to answer your question: it is aganist my religion to be superstitious. Thank You for asking.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Shania, let me get my hockey mask and chainsaw and I guarantee you'll be a convert to the religion of superstition.

• Robert_V_Frazier
    Robert_V_Frazier

Anybody else ever notice how very superstitious the Society is about not being superstitious?

Robert V Frazier

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    .I truly avoid stepping on a crack...cuz I'll break my mommas back.

All the more reason to do it!!!
    <stomping on crack>
    Break damn you, break!!!!

But seriously, I should be dead. I own two black cats. Knowing my luck, one of them probably puked on the couch.

• Jez
    Jez

This link is interesting about the number 13 and the origins of the superstitions surrounding it.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/cs/historical/a/friday_the_13th_2.htm

Jez

• Shania
    Shania

I get it, I get it....................Friday the 13 movie was against my religion too, because it was rated "R". I think your trying to corrupt me BD.....................( I must admit I saw it, and it was scarey)

• Rod P
    Rod P

Alright you guys, you non-believers. I told you how my daughter preaches how good and lucky Friday the 13th is. And I told you that the very post I was telling you all about this was the very post that I went from being a Junior Member of this Forum to a Senior Member. As if that was all this day had in store for us, I must tell you now that my wife got a $50.00 birthday gift deposited to my bank account for me to withdraw and give to her today, which I have now done. Another piece of "luck". Her birthday is not until next Tuesday.

As if this was not enough, my wife went downstairs to visit with one of our best friends in the building. She got the mail for her, and at her request, opened the mail, and there was an "out of the blue" cheque payable for over $1,500.00. Keep in mind that this was neither planned in advance, nor rehearsed in any way. Our "best friend" considered this a total surprise, and hugged her with something akin to a "bear hug". Anyway, what a way to end the day- Friday the 13th!

Rod P.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Now it's Saturday the 15th here in Nova Scotia.

Kwin

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It's Friday the 13th!

No it isn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit