Live Like You Were Dying

by Scully 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Beautiful post, Scully.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Beautiful post Scully! That's actually one of my new favorite songs. Our Sunday School teacher actually played it as a part of his lesson that day...he was teaching the same principal. I'm not a country fan, but I'll listen to Tim McGraw. I love the message in this song, but he's easy on the eyes too.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Scully:

I love that song. It almost brings tears to my eyes.

This issue is one of the most tragic things about the dubs. The fact that they tell you to squander your life chasing your tail now for something that may come in the future.

You should watch your life run out like sand in an hourglass till it's gone. And all for this future hope. It never made sense to me that a deity created us as physical beings and set the rules in opposition so that we shouldn't enjoy our physical life here on a physical earth! This never made sense to me. Oh I realize we have a spiritual nature too and that distinguishes us from the animals but that still doesn't justify this senseless waste.

Why is it not possible for us to be acceptable to god living our lives as the physical beings with a spiritual side, doing the things a physical being was created to do - all being in harmony with the rest of creation???

• xjwms
    xjwms

Excellent Post Scully

I try to do this each day. Live all you can, in search of abundance.

• lilbit
    lilbit

Thanks for that post Sully. I too love that song but had never thought about it that way before. I always say life is what happens while your making other plans.

Lilbit

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Thanks for that thought. Sometimes I just look around at the beauty in the world--flowers, animals, nature, and I think that if God created all this and our potential for positive living, he surely did not mean for us to live the miserable lives that the WBTS forces on its' members. Our time on this earth is short, so I'm going to try to enjoy each day the best I can. Which is not easy for me because I stress a lot about money and other things, and have to fight against depression. I just feel so relieved to be without the stress of trying to be a JW--way too negative.

• bem
    bem

I'm glad you ranted that post today Scully "I needed it" I love that song.

Hope the rant made you feel better. ~ Dorothy

• Special K
    Special K

Sounds like we have been the product of a very extremely "fear" based religion. ... but they kept saying love, love, love. ...

Scully, as I look back now I can see how brainwashed that was and how "confusing" it was when the glaze started lifting off my eyes.

Great post and even though I still look back and the pain from leaving and disfellowshipping and loss of family still feels raw... I'm extremely happy to be where I am.. Free to choose my path and smart enough to know I need to let my children choose their paths and just love 'em anyway.

cheers

Special K

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Great post skullery - I squandered about a third of my life trying to 'get a firm hold on the real life' (uh oh ... here it comes ) only to wake up feeling like evil said, merely existing and not truly living at all. Now, I too like the mortgage, job, car payment etc. that go along with leading a 'normal' life. I still need to learn not to put things off though - procrastinator by nature.

LHG said: Why is it not possible for us to be acceptable to god living our lives as the physical beings with a spiritual side, doing the things a physical being was created to do - all being in harmony with the rest of creation???

I live my life according to my own wants, needs and desires. I stopped worrying about if some fairy tail filled book condemns my actions. I rather like to follow the simple words of Jesus to love others as I love myself. I'm happy with that and if anyone else isn't I could truly care less. An absence of religious affiliation doesn't necessarily mean an absence of values or spirituality.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Skully I love that song and I think Tim McGraw is HOT!!!!

I have to think one of the saddest part of the JW tradgedy is , exactly what you have written about,,,,,,,,lives put on hold waiting , waiting and waiting for their time in the sun.

And even in my lifetime as a JW, I watched as the older, faithful JW's aged, never got to the other side of armeggedon and passed on. I often wonder what they must think if they are in Heaven, they have to look back and say........" Dang,,,,,,I could have played ball, I could have traveled more, I could have had children, etc. etc.".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit