FINAL PEDOPHIILE POLL RESULTS

by Amazing 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi GR: I think you miss the point of what Logical and I discussed. It is not that we truely believe that JWs would never see any pedophiles, but simply in their ideal world they call God's Spiritual Paradise, now so close to the End of this System ... why, these kinds of things should be almost unheard of in the year 2001 ... that is ... if one were to swallow the Watch Tower propaganda. Rather, the truth is, statistically the JWs have just as serious a problem as the rest of the world ... but, in addressing this problem they are 20 years behind the Catholic Church and the rest of the 'world' they so vigorously condemn. - Amazing

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Troucul,

I don't play around when I shit.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Freddie: In earlier posts, just when you seem to be showing signs of growth ... not necessarily needing to agree with us ... but simple growth in spirit and style of expression ... than you go and ruin it all with the above posts. Come on Freddie! Get back with the growth, because the Freddie behind that red mask just may be a really good guy after all. Amazing

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Amazing,

Why do everyone suspect me to be perfect when I'm not? Yes, I'm concerned about pedophiles in the congregations. But according to your poll, people will think there must be at least two in every congregation.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Amazing,
    This is an eye-opener. I appreciate your educating me further in the different types of molesters. While I responded to your pole, I have only known of Situational Molesters, and fortunately have never known nor dealt with a Preferential Molester, or worse.

Let me please suggest a possibility as far as motives. While looking good maybe the motive of those assigned to the PR department at Bethel, and possibly on the mind of some on the GB, I doubt that this was the original motive in establishing the policy of leaving the government authorities out of the process. This is their policy in other judicial areas such as tax evasion or fraud.

I’m inclined to belief it is more their arrogant superiority over all other authority, and a disastrous attempt to maintain confidentiality in cases where a sinner appears to be repentant. They are way in over their heads playing God here. It seems most of these guys really believe, as I did, the organization’s wisdom is superior to the world’s, and therefore they are above the world’s rules. While this motive may not be as criminal as protecting an image, it is equally destructive in the matter of hiding molesters from exposure. At this point, however, that motive of image and self preservation may very well be controlling every move. I just hope we are able to get at the policy makers rather than just punish the mindless bones at the end of the whip.

Jst2laws

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

Dear Amazing,

Thanks for your research. I had some questions about your methodology and so forth. But you answered my questions in this post. I will give these results serious consideration.

Dan

Duns the Scot

• teejay
    teejay

Fabulous Freddie,

GodRules told logical and amazing, "Jehovah will take care of it from there, you impatient fools!"

You said, "Wrong GodRules, They are not fools. They are total asses.

Troucul said, "you gotta be shittin' me gr and fred..."

You ended by saying, "I don't play around when I shit."

Now THAT was funny!!

I'm believing more and more that you aren't the dork everyone thinks, but you're cool with their wrong perception, and that's really cool.

peace,
    tj

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi tj: The more I read your response, the more I think you are correct about Sir Freddie.

Btw: Did you see SilentLambs new post about the JW Pedophile who went to jail? One down, 5,327 to go, and 70 to 150 chldren now spared. - Amazing

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello Amazing:

Thanks for all your work at presenting this picture for us.

It truly is mind-boggling for me to think of my former haven of peace-loving, righteous, purity-seeking fellow worshippers as having even one pervert among us, let alone these staggering numbers.

I just couldn't fathom the WTS ignoring this for so long.

After reading jst2laws post when he said:

I’m inclined to belief it is more their arrogant superiority over all other authority, and a disastrous attempt to maintain confidentiality in cases where a sinner appears to be repentant...It seems most of these guys really believe, as I did, the organization’s wisdom is superior to the world’s, and therefore they are above the world’s rules.

...then the lights went on for me. I can relate to that, as that was my ingrained belief as well. I remember believing, as I was taught, that we are far superior to worldly authorities and don't have to obey them when they interfere with God's laws. So I can see the org thinking it is their God-given, superior right to deal with his people when they sin, not the worldly authorities', and their god-given right to keep it confidential when they see fit.

Yes what arrogance!

Amazing: I thank you for your added explanation of your and silentlambs motives for exposing this gross misconduct of the WTS. I understood from the start that your(pl) motives were not to "get the WTS" but rather to force them to change their policies, to protect the children and not just how the JWs and the world see them - their IMAGE.

Even though some of these statements have probably been made before scattered in various posts, I'm glad that others who criticize your(pl) efforts can now see it stated emphatically, in print, all together in one post, what the real motives behind this exposure are.

Knowing these motives adds so much credibility to the whole picture should make it all the harder to ignore.

We, here, are not supporting you "hysterically without proof or any facts" as some have claimed, but sincerely believe that the exposure will have only proveable facts, and we wish this exposure to accomplish the same things you do.

Had Enough

• teejay
    teejay

Hello, Amazing.

Did you see SilentLambs new post about the JW Pedophile who went to jail? One down, 5,327 to go...

Yes, I did. My first thought: "tip of the iceberg, with many more to come," and that's a good thing. My second thought was "good for the bastard, sorry it didn't happen sooner or more children would be whole today." Do you know whether or not the guy's lawyers were from the Society or were they his?

peace,
    tj

Btw, god I hope you're wrong about the number of pedos within the org., although my psych professor (a clinical counselor by profession) informed the class that, while the textbook's figure was 5%, it was his belief that 25% of all women are molested--a horrifying figure, if true. God sure has a lot of patience, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit