What bible story....

by MelbaToast 21 Replies latest jw friends

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

freaked you out the most as a kid?

Was it the great teacher book? Or the ever popular "My book of Bible Stories?" How bout Abraham attempting to sacrifice his son, blindfolded?

My all-time scariest part of that book was job...Leperosy is enough to scare anyone...

how about you?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

None of them.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

For me the scariest one was in the back of those two books mentioned when it showed the pictures of the new system..............

I was never in the picture, nor were any of my pets!

Kate

• blondie
    blondie

When David cut off Goliath's head.

no, not that one

When it said the blood would flow as high as the bridles on the horses

no, not that one

When Lot offered his daughters to the crowd of men to be sexually abused,

That was the one

But this scared me the most

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I thought the picture of the sacrifice in the Mankind Search For God where the guy gets his heart cut out of his chest was pretty sick looking

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

OMGawddddddddddd!! Blondie, I swear that is the same exact.........horrible picture I remember in the orange Paradise Lost book!!!!

The 70's pictures were the worst.

I always wondered if my faithful, wonderful father would do what Abraham did? I knew he would !! and yeah that scared me to death, needless to say I did what I was told!!

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

did the Paradise Lost book also have the pic of Marduke cowgod with people sacrificing their children?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

little rock guy......... I think it did.........oh gosh, I am gonna have nightmares tonite.......

• blondie
    blondie

(not necessarily from any WT publication)

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

*shudders*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit