White House, Capitol briefly evacuated today.

by Special K 11 Replies latest social current

• Special K
    Special K

Anybody got anything on this. Inquiring minds want to know?

Special K

• lilbit
    lilbit

I heard an explosive device was thrown at the Prez. Havent watched the news though

edit: ok I guess that was yesterday

this is today http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050511/ap_on_go_pr_wh/capital

• rebel8
    rebel8

I think the grenade incident was yesterday in a foreign country. I only caught part of the story this a.m. Someone threw a grenade at the president. They were saying the Secret Svc doesn't have much control over what happens in foreign countries.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Some dumbass flew his private aircraft into restricted airspace near the capital and whitehouse.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Some guy in a small plane entered White House air space. Apparent communications problem on his end. Boy is he going to be in trouble.

• Special K
    Special K

It wasn't Donald Trump .. was it?

SK

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah, it was an interesting and frustrating experience. I was at the Library of Congress and had an appointment at 12:30 at the Navy Yard and just as I was about to leave, the sirens went off and we had to evacuate. They rushed us out so quick, I had no time to get my things .... so I was unable to go directly (at the Library of Congress, you have to lock up your other articles). They evacuated everyone from all the surrounding buildings and we heard rumors about the aircraft, and there was one "all clear" false alarm. Finally, after twenty minutes, we got the all clear and so I went back to the library building. But not so fast! The other buildings opened, but not this one because they didn't get the all clear and they had to turn on the elevators. That took fifteen minutes for them to work out! I was one of the first people in the building but then I had to wait for the personnel to arrive to open the reading room, and I rushed in and out to get my stuff, and rushed out the building to go to my appointment. Big mistake! Turns out in my haste I left some important articles on top of the lockers, so I had to go to the end of the very long line to go back into the building and get my stuff. So I didn't leave the library until 12:50 even though the all clear had been given at 12:15.

Since they evacuated EVERYBODY, it was PACKED on the sidewalks outside the Capitol area.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I forgot to add that when I finally got on the Metro, I managed to lose my ticket on the train and had to get a new one.

Today was a good illustration of Sod's/Murphey's Law.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/90402/1.ashx

• Quotes
    Quotes

BOO!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

American, so afraid, that's what got the Myceneans y'know. Carpe Diem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit