Jer. 29:10 -- Dr. Ernst Jenni replies to Leolaia and Scholar

by Alleymom 76 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

I have been having trouble pasting in images. Let me try again.

For those who are confused about the difference between the Hebrew preposition "beth" [ b ] and the preposition "lamed" [ l ], here is a verse in which both prepositions occur.

In Ezra 1:3, "to Jerusalem" has the preposition "lamed," which I have highlighted. "In Jerusalem" and "in Judah" have the preposition "beth", which is also highlighted. In Hebrew, the ordinary way to say "in" or "at" a static location is with the preposition "beth". However, if there is motion involved, as in "to Jerusalem," then the preposition "lamed" is used.

Edited to say: I must be doing something wrong. I uploaded the jpeg image to my JWD files. Then I copied it and pasted it into the composition box. I saw the image (really I did !), but when I clicked "submit post" it disappeared. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

• toreador
    toreador

I dont know what you might be doing wrong. I havent got around to trying to do that type of thing myself.

Sorry,

Tor

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

There have been some significant additions to the sister thread at:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/87714/13.ashx

Of particular interest:

--- Narkissos has provided a summary of the article Dr. Jenni wrote on Jer. 3:17.

--- Alan has posted a copy of an email from Carl O. Jonsson along with Jonsson's translation of an article on Jer. 29:10 by a French scholar, Emile Nicole.

Both of these posts contain information from foreign language academic journals which would not be easily accessible to most readers on this board.

Marjorie

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

For those who are confused about the difference between the Hebrew preposition "beth" [ b ] and the preposition "lamed" [ l ], here is a verse in which both prepositions occur.

In Ezra 1:3, "to Jerusalem" has the preposition "lamed," which I have highlighted. "In Jerusalem" and "in Judah" have the preposition "beth", which is also highlighted. In Hebrew, the ordinary way to say "in" or "at" a static location is with the preposition "beth". However, if there is motion involved, as in "to Jerusalem," then the preposition "lamed" is used.

• watchtower_and_afake
    watchtower_and_afake

Dont confuse me with the facts, my minds made up.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

There are none as blind as those that do not want to see because they have a WTS agenda

• lepavoux
    lepavoux

Is this topic still open for discussion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit