Sods law..and Ant farms

by Brummie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

Its one of my finer qualities.

The last pic was a joke, real ant farms look like the one this little boy is holding:

• kls
    kls

Here ya go Brummie,problem solved

• kls
    kls

Here ya go Brummie,problem solved

• Brummie
    Brummie

I feel so kinda boooring talking about ant farms, a bit like those trainspotting people, gee I'll go drink me some of that Raid stuff...thx KLS x x x

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup, they sell them here. When you buy them they also come with an order-form to buy some ants that come with a queen ant.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000IRUG/002-7309501-6000839

• talesin
    talesin

sods law - we call it Murphy's Law ~ anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.

I like the ant farm. I'd like to get one, but I already have a GD spider colony in my apt. *shudder*

t

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Oh Sods Farms and Ant Laws!

I suppose that's better than InLaws...

• kls
    kls
    I'll go drink me some of that Raid stuff...thx KLS x x

No Brummie ,its to kill the ants then you don't have to worry about collecting them .

Brummie i know nothing of ant farms cause me and bugs have a understanding, they stay outside and i won't smoosh them.

I suppose for a kid it would be fun ,,, i think

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I just looked around a bit and I am not sure if you can buy a queen ant anymore. Right now it looks like they only ship normal ants which will live for a few weeks before dieing off.

When I was a kid I would make my own ant farms by putting some dirt and ants in a mason jar. I would replace the metal disk/lid with a cloth and then screw the ring on so they could still breath but not get away.

If you want to catch the little black ants, just put something sweet outside on a piece of paper. In a day or two go back and you should find it covered with ants... just pick up the paper, bend it a bit and then tap the ants into your container.

• kls
    kls

Wow ,i had no idea these ant farms were so detailed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit