Sods law..and Ant farms

by Brummie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Brummie
    Brummie

When the sun comes out, so do the ants right?

Last week at work, a little army of ants marched over my feet in order to get to their desired location (a little piece of apple), in seconds the apple was just a black circle of ants. I noticed them everywhere, in the shops, on pathways, on doorsteps etc.

Last week my son was given an ant farm for his birthday, all he had to do was collect a few ants and place them in the farm. Out we went to get them, do you think we could find any?

Sods law.

Up till now we only have 3 ants, and a dozen rotting apples thrown all over the law.

Why did I mention this worthless information anyway?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Ants as pets! Great! You can call two of them Ant and Dec?

• Brummie
    Brummie

LOL, those 2 grate on the nerves, I'd rather him have an army of red ants :).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol... you need to move to Texas where we have Fire Ants! Those things are nearly impossible to get rid of!

Want some ants? Just walk in the yard and find an anthill and dig it up with a shovel. Just don't let them climb up the shovel onto your hands or up your legs! (They aren't called "fire" ants for nothing)

The hard part is getting a Queen Ant. Without one of those the ant colony will eventually die off since the Queen is the only one able to reproduce.

• kls
    kls

Brummie ,Dear, loosen up your little bow tie and take a few aspirin and lay down

• Brummie
    Brummie

KLS, why? We dont eat them until they have bred and are fully grown

Else, are 'fire ants' the little red ones? If so, thats what we have here, about the same size as a lil black ant but they bite, we dont eat or farm these ones ;)

Dont you have ant farms in the USA?

• kls
    kls
    KLS, why? We dont eat them until they have bred and are fully grown

Yuck Brummie Yuck but you can pass the chocolate

• Brummie
    Brummie

They taste good sprinkled over an ice cream cone, a bit chewier than chocolate chips but satisfying none-the-less

• Brummie
    Brummie

Here is a pic of people working on an ant farm, guarding not to tred on them or contaminate them with human germs :

• kls
    kls

Brummie , you is a sick kittie, cute but sick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit