Reformation Movement

by SWALKER 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Has anyone received this e-mail and what do you think about it?

http://www.jwreform.org/index.html

Swalker

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

no, i haven't had an email like that. but it wouldn't matter to me anyways. i would only support reform from a secular source like the UN or a government.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I've seen that site. Their petition only has about 25 names on it. That probably won't get Brooklyn's attention.

True reform will have to occur from within, and what a battle that would be.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Never seen it and good luck trying to reform the organization. The Jdubs are a close knit cult and if they get any wind that certain ones within the organization are trying to reform it, they will be DF'd to. It is all to do with control and those ones that are in higher positions want to hang on to that control and will do anything to keep it.

Will

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

I agree that trying to reform the organization is long shot, but let's take this in context, guys. The fact that this site exists is itself amazing. Further, it is well-written and would appeal to reasonable Witnesses. Even if a reader does not take the plunge and decide to support the cause, it certainly would become food for thought.

I believe the organization is splintering exactly because of this type of thing. Some are getting fed up and just leaving. Others are trying to reform (probably a futile effort). Others are digging in. But the presence of different factions means the presence of different ideas, and that, at least, is a good thing. Even if the organization never reforms, those differing ideas will filter through and possibily effect individual members. And in that way, good will have been accomplished.

So more power to them, I say.

SNG

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Further, it is well-written and would appeal to reasonable Witnesses.

That is the key here but as soon as the "apostate" flags go up in the average Jdub brains, they will not read it.

Will

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Mat 7:15 "Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep's covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 16 By their fruits YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? 17 Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit; 18 a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. 19 Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire.

Really, then, by their fruits YOU will recognize those [men] .

• Honesty
    Honesty

It would take several generations (bad choice of words) to start repairing the WT facade. The best bet for reform is to do with the WTBTS the same thing they say about 'this old system of things'. Demolish it with a bulldozer (preferably a D-9 Caterpillar) and go on to better things.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Well I wasn't trying to get people to join up or anything...but I agree with Seattleniceguy...it is amazing to me that this website even exists. There has to be more splintering within the org than I even realized. You have to wonder what all this is going to lead to. Apparently the "Society" is nervous as they are making announcements constantly for members to stay off the internet. I think it's great, because the more people that go after them from different directions, the harder it is going to be for them to keep up with it all. They seem to be running themselves ragged trying to fend off the inevitable...their change or possibly their collapse. And yes, a bulldozer would be the option of choice!

Swalker

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

It's people who can't admit their beliefs are complet shite and only disagree on one or two things cause they don't want to re-examine their entire belief structure.....

The emporer is naked I say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit