INDIA Denounces JW cult blood ban HOT!

by DannyHaszard 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Nothing edited/modified here: In the name of the Almighty
    Calcutta Telegraph, India - 7 hours ago
    A CHRISTIAN CULT TURNS ITS MEMBERS INTO OUTCASTS IF THEY GIVE OR RECEIVE BLOOD. DOLA MITRA REPORTS. It was April last year. Doctors ...

In the name of the Almighty
    A CHRISTIAN CULT TURNS ITS MEMBERS INTO OUTCASTS IF THEY GIVE OR RECEIVE BLOOD. DOLA MITRA REPORTS
    SOUL OVER BODY: Daisy Tesra (above) whose parents refused to allow her to be given blood during her operation; (below) a Jehovah?s Witnesses congregation in Madrid

It was April last year. Doctors at the emergency ward of Genesis Hospital, off Calcutta?s E.M. Bypass, received a strange request from parents of a 19-year-old girl who was rushed in for a gall bladder operation. ?Please don?t give her any blood,? Daisy Tesra?s parents pleaded, explaining, ?We are Jehovah?s Witnesses.?

While Dr Purnendu Roy, chief surgeon, was unwilling to take the risk of conducting surgery without being able to administer blood, he was aware of the implications a transfusion might have on Daisy?s family life. ?She was in a fairly critical condition,? he recalls, ?and may have needed blood, but from my days of practice in England, I had come across cases in which families actually disowned patients who had received blood.?

Members of Jehovah?s Witnesses (a Christian cult that came into being in Pennsylvania, US, in the 1870s, as a small Bible group led by Charles Taze Russel) are forbidden to give or receive blood. And in the event that they do, they not only risk being excommunicated but also being shunned by their immediate families.

?We prefer to call it ?dis-fellowshipping? from the congregation rather than excommunication,? says Sephas Lewis, a community elder of the small but growing Calcutta chapter of the group (there are approximately 300 Jehovah?s Witnesses in and around the city at the moment).

Lewis explains, ?The Bible has laid down certain guidelines by which we should live. Among these principles ? which includes that we should refrain from lying, cheating, etc. ? is the commandment in Chapter 9, Verse 5, of the Book of Genesis that we should not ?eat blood? that is considered the soul of the flesh. And receiving blood is tantamount to the violation of this law.?

He adds that it is in Chapter 17, Verse 10, of the Book of Leviticus that one finds the justification for families to abandon members ?who sin against the word of God or Jehovah, the Creator?. It states: ?As for any man?who is residing?in your midst, who eats any sort of blood, I shall certainly set my face against the soul that is eating the blood, and I shall indeed cut him off from among his people.?

When a member goes ?astray?, community elders meet to discuss ?how gravely the scriptural code has been broken? and ?what measures can be taken to discipline the errant person?. Subsequently, he or she is informed of the ?dis-fellowshipping?, either in private or openly in church.

Sudipto Goswami, owner of Genesis, recounts cases in the West where patients were ?left high and dry? at the hospital, when family members came to know that they had received blood.

A New York attorney, who had to be given blood during an operation eight years ago, subsequently had to cut off ties with her mother, a divorcée. She left home and now lives with her fiancé and to this day, her mother doesn?t speak to her.

And while Dr Roy wanted to do everything possible to save the life of ?this sweet little girl? he didn?t want the same fate to befall her. He attempted to convince her parents of the seriousness of the situation. But, from his experience the doctor knew that ?members of this community would rather die than be given blood.?

But Daisy, in severe pain and wanting to live more than anything else, asked the doctor to go ahead with the operation. Ultimately though, she did not need a blood transfusion.

?It was a difficult and nerve-wracking surgery,? says Dr Roy. ?I followed a different technique ? operating millilitre by millilitre so that not a drop of extra blood would spill. You have to be extraordinarily careful while conducting an operation like this, but in the end it was successful.?

Today, Daisy lives at home in Joka with her family ? her parents and younger brother. Her parents thank the doctors and Jehovah. ?When my daughter was ill, my colleagues used to be angry with me, asking me, ?How can you be so cruel?, ?Do you want your daughter to die??? says her mother. ?But it was God?s law and we didn?t dare break it?we knew Jehovah would save her and look, today, my daughter is okay.?

Lewis reveals that even when a member has been excommunicated, the community is always ready to receive him/her back. ?That is, unless the person is unrepentant or persistently commits wrongful acts of wickedness,? he says. ?After all, our endeavour is simply to discipline the person and deal with him mercifully to help him conform to God?s will.?

But it was not all this that gave Daisy courage in the moments that led to her decision to go ahead with the operation ? with or without blood. As she prunes the leaves of the plants in her backyard garden, she admits to have felt an overwhelming desire for life, despite her fear of losing her religion and even her family.

• avishai
    avishai

Thanks Danny!!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Danny Haszard gets around this is my 'news release', i've done a bunch of em.

News Results

1-10 of 39 containing jehovah's witnesses (0.11 seconds)

Results

• Will Power
    Will Power
    Lewis explains, ?The Bible has laid down certain guidelines by which we should live. Among these principles ? which includes that we should refrain from lying, cheating, etc. ? is the commandment in Chapter 9, Verse 5, of the Book of Genesis that we should not ?eat blood? that is considered the soul of the flesh. And receiving blood is tantamount to the violation of this law.?

He adds that it is in Chapter 17, Verse 10, of the Book of Leviticus that one finds the justification for families to abandon members ?who sin against the word of God or Jehovah, the Creator?.

First....I love the distinction in the above quote.... God OR Jehovah. We all knew deep down their idol was different.

The double think, double speak words, are the reason why "outsiders" tolerate this twisted way of thinking.

Their definitions and usage of such words as God, bible, refrain, soul, eat, lying, law, flesh ...

think about it, most Christians believe the soul of a person is a spiritual thing - the witnesses do not believe in the existance of a human soul. Therefore, the soul of the flesh they mean is just the thing that keeps the flesh alive, technically blood circulates oxygen in the veins, like air in the lungs - They wouldn't deny someone oxygen.

.The bible says that the flesh means nothing, and that those that hope in the flesh are dead already, as well as a law can be broken - even the one of the sabbath - to help or save a fellow human. Tolerant people don't realize this - & I think most witnesses don't either...(so why don't they consider this - because the WT doesn't - another thing normal people wanting to tolerate them don't realize.) Witnesses all put their hope in the flesh.

When citing the bible's guidelines about lying do they qualifiy to outsiders that with their thoecratic warfare stategies say lying can be ok? - Do they say where they get this principal? The WT outlines it as ok to violate this law, when your "life" is in DANGER - hahahah.

A worldy student of science might think that because of DNA, RNA etc. it could be conceivable that since those are the building blocks of life...that could be what they are talking about. But again their shallow and cult based ideas of bible yada yada yada....cause they certainly eat their own saliva - and other people's too, not to mention "take in" other flesh sustaining fluids without violating any laws.

At the end of the day the witness cult, like the pagans they despise, are found to be worshipping and giving more respect to a symbol, than to what the symbol represents.

Glad to see you back Danny. Keep on educating....

WP

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    We prefer to call it ?dis-fellowshipping? from the congregation rather than excommunication,? says Sephas Lewis, a community elder

WE prefer to call it the same thing. Let's not sugar-coat the term! AFAIK, the Catholic church doesn't forbid their members to cut off all ties to those that agree to taking blood.

On second thought----disfellowshipping is far worse a "punishment" than excommunication after all.

I'm glad to see their hideous hypocrisy has made the news once again.

Thanks, Danny.

Annie

• kls
    kls

Thanks as always Danny

• Dansk
    Dansk

What's even sadder is that within Buddhism and Hinduism, both of Indian origin, one can find the true meaning of God. How insidious JWism really is!

Ian

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    What's even sadder is that within Buddhism and Hinduism, both of Indian origin, one can find the true meaning of God. How insidious JWism really is!

I hadn't even thought of this, Ian. This must be twice as devastating to the Buddhist and Hindu adherents in India, whose relatives are being sucked in by the WTS and its sneaky tactics.

When the JWs (erroneously) present themselves as "Christians", those in predominantly "Christian" countries get ruffled because they know that the WTS is not really Christian at all. But thinking of countries that embrace nonchristian forms of worship---they must be really offended when the WTS gets a foothold in their communities!

It's one thing to trade off one form of "Christianity" for another, but quite another to adopt a whole new "religion" (gag) such as the WTS in other cultures.

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit