Same ol' Topic?

by Jordynne 21 Replies latest social relationships

• luna2
    luna2

Jordynne, to answer your poll question, I think most here belong to the ex/haters/hurt class. If there are any "happy" JW's here....well, they really shouldn't be. Good JW's are strongly discouraged from socializing with non-JW's as people outside the org are considered "bad associates" and likely to weaken their faith. Anybody who leaves the faith and no longer believes it teaches truth, is considered apostate (opposers and enemies of God...very evil).

This looks like a really sad situation. If deep inside he is somehow expecting to get reinstated and then to be able to marry you....well, I'm not quite sure how that will work out. I know of an elder who cheated on his JW wife, married the woman he cheated with and got reinstated, but she (the 2nd wife) was either already a witness or became one. I've known JW women who married men outside the org, but they weren't disfellowshipped first....they got reproved and lost priviledges (not much you can take away from a sis...mostly they weren't allowed to comment at meetings any more and were looked at as spiritually weak), but they weren't kicked out.

When you're trying to get back in, they really expect you to toe the line, do everything right, and show humility and repentance...or you could end up sitting there in the Kingdom Hall being ignored for a very, very long time.

I hope he sees the light and runs.

((Hugs)) to you.

• Jordynne
    Jordynne

Thank you all for your comments,

I don't know what is going to happen. One day at a time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit