Same ol' Topic?

by Jordynne 21 Replies latest social relationships

• Honesty
    Honesty
    How is it that a group of people can follow the Bible, but judge and control others at the same time?

They don't follow the bible. They are a dangerous mind controlling cult that spiritually destroys their followers. They break up families. They deny Christ. Run, run, run as far away as you can from them or your life will be a nightmare.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    He has already made the application to go back to the church.

You cant really make an application to go back, you just have to turn up and show that you are determined to follow the Watchtower by sitting at the back of the Hall and being ignored by everyone for months on end.

Sorry to hear your story, I hope things work out for the both of you.

• kls
    kls

Put it this way, i am married to a jw that is married and in love with the org and life being married to someone that loves a false idea is pure hell.

Sorry ,i have nothing good to tell you.

• Jordynne
    Jordynne

He's been attending regularily and ignored for about a year.

His application to go back was in the form of a letter stating his intentions.

We never lived together. I do not believe that he will go back to his wife. (whole different story)

I am appreciating all of your comments, good and bad. It's making me feel less alone.

• kls
    kls

Jord, please take this as intended, if you think you are alone now wait till he goes to meeting 5 days a week and thats not including field service.

How would you feel to be married to someone that their whole life evolves around the fact that you and everyone else that does not believe in wt crap will die a terrible death . Even being married to you the love for the org comes first and he will be happy when bad things happen in the world because they ( jws ) think the world will end and it is a sign for the time of the end.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I am trying to support this decision. We have separated. We still plan to be together in the future. At this time, I have asked him not to phone me or contact me in any way.

Making the decision not to have any contact with him might be costly, the JWs will determine to break up any feelings he has for you. This may sound harsh but I think its fair for you to know what will most likely happen next. There is no way he will be planning any future with you once he is reinstated as a JW. No way. Unless that is, you become a JW. Once back inside the movement, his only battle will be to forget you, once he has comfortably got back in, you will become a thing of the past and he will think that is "Gods will". I would suggest you keep contact with him now and dont burn your bridges. UNLESS he has asked you not to contact him at all, if he doesnt want you to contact him, then the message behind that is obvious. All the best

Brummie

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    Put it this way, i am married to a jw that is married and in love with the org and life being married to someone that loves a false idea is pure hell.

You just jumped up about a zillion points on my awesome person list.

• Jordynne
    Jordynne

I am a bit confused. He has discussed with me that he can never be in a JW relationship again.

He and his wife are divorced (she did not "agree to it"). He has told them that he wishes to be married again.

That being said, he is not able to marry a JW.... If I became a JW I could not be with him for sure...Why would they try to convert me....?

oh my this is so.....ugh..... are these rules truly Bible based?

• steve2
    steve2

Until your man friend sorts himself out, the JW religion is going to cast one big depressing shadow over your relationship. He sounds like a good natured but very troubled man who is trying to work things out by doing more of what hasn't worked so far in his life and if push comes to shove, he'll take the religion over you.

I hate to say this, but the JWs do have one bit of good advice that they give each other: Don't associate with non-JWs - I think it is good primarily because it protects non-witnesses from the myriad hangups of the JWs.

The best line I'd use to such a man is this: "Come back to me when you've got the religion out of your system". Otherwise, you'll just be standing by watching this poor man go round and round the same old vicious circle.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

the will twist scripture and jump from old testament to new testament and back again just to prove a point.

So if he can't get married to another JW...then he might as well get married to a non-JW now before he bothers to ask for repentance. Otherwise he will be pressured to get back with his wife and kids or stay celibate. Shake him by the collar and show him some of the posts on here on how UNTRUE the Dubs are....

You are in between a rock and a hard place with your heart going to take the brunt of the action. Sorry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit