God Loves You

by GetBusyLiving 21 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I just got word from my family that my grandmother died at 5am this morning. It was her wish to see me once more before she died, I have a flight to see her at 10am tomorrow morning. It was the only thing I could have hoped to do for her before she died, and it couldnt happen. I'm going to be surrounded by born again Christians telling me how she is in a better place, and I feel more certain than I have in my entire life that we are alone in the universe.

GBL

• Charisma
    Charisma

I'm sorry about your Grandmother and that you couldn't get to see her in time..

• prophecor
  • talesin
    talesin

Oh, hell! Nothing I can say, sweetie, 'cept I'm sorry. You must be devastated.

t

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear GBL,

My heart goes out to you. It is certainly understandable your sadness of your beloved grandmothers passing.

It seems very obvious that what we often desire, or want, or wish would be, does not enter into how the universe expresses. Now we could make some sense of this by saying there is no loving God. But perhaps, just perhaps, the truth is, there is no "us". No individuals separate from the Whole.

Now, we can question beliefs in the existence or nonexistence of God, and discuss it to no end. Which gets us were we started which is nowhere. Or, we can question our own validity. Consciousness can indeed look deep within and investigate who/what am I?

It seems a door has open for you GBL. There will be others.

j

• myelaine
    myelaine

GBL,

I'm sorry to hear of your grandma's passing. I hope that you would find some comfort in the fact that others that are mourning are drawing strength from their faith, which does help to ease their pain....they, in turn, may be better able to help you through this.

love michelle

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Heartfelt condolences GBL

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

GBL:
    Condolences pal. Sorry you didn't get to see your gran before she passed.
    Life is full of such recriminations - try to remember the good times.

James:
    Now probably isn't a good time to proselytise...

• Honesty
    Honesty

I loved my maternal grandmother more than my own parents and when she passed on I felt terrible for a long, long time. Then all of a sudden the earliest memories of her came flooding back into my mind and I have peace with that and hope to see her one day soon in the Paradise Jesus talked about.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    Now probably isn't a good time to proselytize

It's understandable why would say that Ross: and I very well may have been mistaken.

Certain words have been said by GBL in the pasts that suggests he is open to what is being pointed to. I would not necessarily speak this way to everyone.

There are many family and friends around us to support and sustain our sense of the tiny separate entity, and it's suffering, ills and death. I'm not one of them. It is during life's most sensitive times that I have found we are most open to seeing deeper within ourselves to that which is already Whole and Complete. The only reason I am here, is to point to that.

Besides, I'm not "proselytizing". Which means to "convert to another faith or religion". I tell people not to believe anything, but rather see clearly what is real, true, and here -- already.

I understand and appreciate your concern though.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit