When is the world going to end?

by Davidson_73 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• El blanko
    El blanko
    What does a christian do if they prove to themselves that christianity is as false as the witnesses?

Well initially that leaves a person tumbling through an abyss looking for another ideology to cling to. Like the Greek thought of "two atoms colliding and producing life" in quite a chaotic way - most turn to that theory and wrap it all up in contemporary materialist science.

For instance...

Christianity, regardless of whether you consider it to be founded in absolute truth, is now a reality.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    A Christian is one who conforms their life to the teachings of Christ. If you have a meeting of minds with another in like faith and disagree, walk away and do not judge the one you just left. However, never hold back from doing good to that person whenever there is opportunity to do so. In this way you store up treasures in heavens, until He who has the right to Judge does so in righteousness.

Sorry Truth or Lie, this is not the way the WT wants you to view Christendom, and you know it. You know the " get out of her my people" thang.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:

What does a christian do if they prove to themselves that christianity is as false as the witnesses?

Are you talking about a denomination, a religion, or all religion, here?
    Would you also extend that to a person, or futher, to that which is "I am that I am" (and you know that I don't mean a small "God" by that)?

"The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named
    is not the eternal Name." "Tao Te Ching", by Lao tzu.

• JW Ben
    JW Ben

FairMind

You posted.....

1975 was spoken of as the end of 6 thousand years of mans creation. Some remarkes were made about how appropriate it might be if it ended then, but they said they do not now and no one was to speculate (many did against that advice)

JWBen, considering what you said, what do you think about the following statements made in KMs?

*** w68 8/15 p. 499 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975? ***

Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man?s existence on earth.

.? And yet the end of that sixth creative ?day? could end within the same Gregorian calendar year of Adam?s creation. It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years

*** km 5/74 p. 3 How Are You Using Your Life? ***

Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world?s end.?1 John 2:17.

Have a good look at the first article you quote form. Iin the context of that quote they were talking about the end of the sixth creative day, not Armagedon. I undrstand you possibly have a problem with the staetment "the short time remaining". What constitutes a short time form the Biblical point of view. Peter wrote (1 Pet 4:7) " But the end of all things has drawn close. Be sound in mind, therefore, and be vigilant with a view to prayers" Why would he say such a thing and why would the WTS say a similar thing. To keep christians "on the watch" keeping the day of Jehovah close in mind. The area in res that you quote is not saying the WTS said to sell up but some thouight that there is no better way to serve Gid then by devoting more time to the warning people of his graet day. I was an active publisher in the sixties. I was there. I was baptised early 70's Personally I never expected armagedon in 1975. I never read more into what was written. I know many did. What promted people to be JWs back then? Was it to save their neck if Armagedon came or was it to serve the creator of the universe because he is our creator. I never have and never will serve a man nor an organisation. I decicated my life to do Gods will. To the best of my abilities I endvour to do so. Personally I think many became JWs just to save their neck and not because they wanted to obey Jehovah. WHo will be saved at Armaegon. Those doing his will. Just what is his will?. That is the difficult thing for any one to answer. I beleive that JW's as a people (not an organisation) are doing the will of God by proclaoming his name and warning of the comming battle between himself and Satan (when ever that might be - today - tomorrow or 100 years form now - it does not bother me how long as long) I will always do the best i can in my circumstances to do Gods will.
  • ellderwho
    ellderwho

*** w68 8/15 p. 499 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975? ***

Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man?s existence on earth.

.? And yet the end of that sixth creative ?day? could end within the same Gregorian calendar year of Adam?s creation. It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years

*** km 5/74 p. 3 How Are You Using Your Life? ***

Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world?s end.?1 John 2:17.

JW Ben: Have a good look at the first article you quote form. Iin the context of that quote they were talking about the end of the sixth creative day, not Armagedon.

Are you kidding?

What about the rest of the artical? How does the phrase "Not years" sound to you? Ben that was 31 years ago. And "a fine way to spend the short time remaining" If you dont have a house to live in who cares you will not need one, and this the WT fully indorsed.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

it's gonna end tonight if i get home and matt's already drank the last beer!

haha!

luv, kitty

• JW Ben
    JW Ben

elderwho,

the article is talking about the end of 6000 years of mas excistance on earth. They said their calculations were not infallible. The months or years waas refering to that situation .... 6000 years of mankind.

• Satanus
    Satanus

LT

Would you also extend that to a person, or futher, to that which is "I am that I am" (and you know that I don't mean a small "God" by that)?

You mean jesus, don't you?

"The tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal Name." "Tao Te Ching", by Lao tzu.

After a time, wouldn't the person jesus distract you, holding you back on you path of the tao?

S

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    Jw Ben: the article is talking about the end of 6000 years of mas excistance on earth.

Well then did man continue to exist on earth, weeks or months after that statement?? 8/15/68

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Davidson_73,

The world as you know it will end as soon as you die. In the meantime, stop worrying about it and live!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit