When is the world going to end?

by Davidson_73 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• El blanko
    El blanko

Well, the Mayan calander runs until 2012, sooooo.....

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Why is it that Watchtower apologists have such a hard time spelling, do you think?
    Surely they realise that it's bound to undermine their tenuous arguments?

The world will likely end when our sun goes supernova, in a few million years.
    It's possible it might end a little sooner, if a large asteroid were to collide with earth, but that's a pretty remote possibility (even if it does appear to have occured once before).

Outwith that, people have been concerned about it for as long as they've looked up to the vast expanse of the sky and wondered what holds it there.

The stories of Atlas, Kali, Ragnarok, and Chicken Lickin, attest to this fact.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    1975 was spoken of as the end of 6 thousand years of mans creation. Some remarkes were made about how appropriate it might be if it ended then, but they said they do not now and no one was to speculate (many did against that advice)

JWBen, considering what you said, what do you think about the following statements made in KMs?

*** w68 8/15 p. 499 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975? ***

Our chronology, however, which is reasonably accurate (but admittedly not infallible), at the best only points to the autumn of 1975 as the end of 6,000 years of man?s existence on earth.

.? And yet the end of that sixth creative ?day? could end within the same Gregorian calendar year of Adam?s creation. It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years

*** km 5/74 p. 3 How Are You Using Your Life? ***

Yes, since the summer of 1973 there have been new peaks in pioneers every month. Now there are 20,394 regular and special pioneers in the United States, an all-time peak. That is 5,190 more than there were in February 1973! A 34-percent increase! Does that not warm our hearts? Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world?s end.?1 John 2:17.

• donald
    donald

today...my wife comes home from flordia.................i havent done HALF the thing i was supposed too..donald

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watchtower magazine says the world already ended in 1914.

• Daytona
    Daytona

The world will end when the Governing Body says it will and not a millenium sooner! They're just waiting for Freddy to send them a sign.

So far the guy's been rather silent, but hope reigns in the GB!

"Come on Freddy, send us a sign!"

Daytona

• FMZ
    FMZ

Damn Gary... I missed it?

I always miss the fun stuff.

FMZ

• blondie
    blondie

More to the point, when is your world going to end? The world will go on, but we can be assured eventually ours will end.

Blondie

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    .? And yet the end of that sixth creative ?day? could end within the same Gregorian calendar year of Adam?s creation. It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years

Doh! damn paper trail............

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Scientists might suggest that the world will end when the sun runs out of fuel. But the silly scientists just can't accept that will NEVER happen because Michael, the Archangel is responsible for re-fueling. All the other stars burn out and life on other planets ends only because they are not Jeboobah's chosen people. Jeboobah has always had a people for his name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit