Are things really that bad?

by gringojj 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

GaryBuss you hit the nail on the head as usual. Additionaly, I've got a book, bought several years ago, "The Sign of the Last Days, when?" is excellent with data on NATURAL events, as well. Earthquakes, etc., according to data presented here, have in many cases been worse than in prior generations. Today's editors love negative stuff. "If it bleeds it leads".

• Mulan
    Mulan

something I like to say to people who say the world is so bad now is "what time in history would you rather have lived? The Middle Ages? The Potato Famine in Ireland (my relatives are from there)? The Dark Ages? The 1700's? The 1800's?" Most just stare at me, and don't reply. They know the answer.

I think it's a powerful question!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Things are quite good! But we as humans can make them better by continuing to be better stewards of the Earth. Helping those in countries less fortunate.... a WTBS mantra...but what does the WTBS do to help? Send them WishTowers and Asleeps? NO!!! How about sending them some food?

Besides I just got a new 46" flat panel TV today....how bad can life be???? :)

• Evanescence
    Evanescence
    Now let's hear some views from our friends in countries not so fortunate ...

Let's see what their paradise is like?

Well actually countries with least rights and are living in a nightmare tend to be the countries who doesn't have an internet

Some countries have more rights than others, I think Australia is reconised The most livable place!

There are a lot of refugees fleeing to australia becasue of they way they are treated in other countries.

Unfortuantly they tend to get locked up in the detention center though

I think while living on earth we've got to look at the positives, gee even the bible says so....

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things." Philippians 4:8

• Black Man
    Black Man

Well, I'd say that over 150 years or so ago, blacks were slaves. I think we're doing a hell of a lot better now..............

• jgnat
    jgnat

In my lifetime I saw the end to Aparteid. I watched the Berlin Wall come down. India, China, and Brazil are developing their infrastructure, industrialization, and standard of living.

War used to be glamorized. Not any more. A politician has to put on a good media campaign to convince his nation a war is worth fighting.

What is the top ambition of today's beauty queen candidates? World Peace!

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

The sad thing though is all the trees getting cut down and the global warming. so our little planet isn't going to last long.

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Um, trees getting cut down is no different than corn getting harvested every year there sweets.

Granted the rain forest is getting raped but that's because they are coming in to log the land to turn it into farm land so that they can graze livestock on the land. If you are eating meat you are just as guilty as the farmer burning the rain forest.

However here in North America there are now more trees today than when Columbus landed. So old growth forests should be off limits, but why shouldn't wood be treated like any other commodity? For paper 20 to 30 year old trees are perfect. For housing wood from 30 to 40 year old trees is perfect. Wood in houses last what? 50 years? 100 years? How much better stewardship can this be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit