Did U ever wonder - if the end was so close - why were we building Kh's?

by AK - Jeff 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• lilbit
    lilbit

I think quick builds are a witness ruse to give bored teenagers something to do.

worked for me if only they knew the things we were doing when no one was looking

• Hondo
    Hondo

Are the KH's suppose to survive the "end"? Maybe the reason for the continued use of 40 year shingles.

• garybuss
    garybuss

So they must think it'll take god 39 years to get a shingle plant up and running in the new world. Or maybe in a perfect JW world, it won't rain on a Kingdom Hall with a bad roof.

Maybe the old roofs will be resurrected along with all the dead people. Like for every dead guy resurrected god resurrects 10 square of shingles.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I have noticed too, that the later styles of KH's look like a lot of local fundy churches, sans the steeple. Could this be a marketing tool for later sale and expansion? I know many times while traveling wifey and I thought 'that looks like a kh' - then we noticed a cross or a steeple on the building, other wise it looked similar. Could it be 'reasale value' that has motivated these designs?

Jeff

• Gill
    Gill

I recently asked my parents why on earth a new KH was being built where we live, since attendances were falling and there was virtually no increase for years upon years.

Apparantly, they were told this was important because the ressurection will be here very soon and the dead will need somewhere to go and be educated. Imagine having to go to the meetings FOREVER>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I used to wonder about this too and the thought crossed my mind that if they believe what they told us to believe, don't you think the halls should have a supply of cots or sleeping bags and other survival equipment for when the end comes?

LHG

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Some phrases that come back to mind. I am sorry that I said most of them:-

The halls were needed "To cope with the great influx of believers that is due before the end" , and anyway , "We must be found busy 'in the work of the Lord' when the end comes" and also "What better use is there for our money, it will be wortless soon, after Armageddon, anyway"

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

[ Letter to editor abstract summary]
    The building of a Kingdom Hall ?quick-build? is impressive, but many Witnesses and outsiders do not realize that this is also makes for clever economics. Few people except the religious will devote free time to putting up a building, but Witnesses can do it, and since non-baptized helpers are always present, it affords those reluctant to go door-to-door additional opportunities to ?get their monthly time in,? as is required to be considered a Jehovah?s Witness.

The local Witnesses benefit, since it cuts the cost of their loan from the Watchtower Society to get the land, and the Watchtower benefits, not only from the publicity but they also now own more property and buildings (No, the local Witnesses will never own it.). The Watchtower is big money, being one of the top 40 New York City Corporations making nearly one billion dollars a year. That?s just from one of their many corporations... ]

I have sent this to countless reporters worldwide published in at least 4 news wires that i know of, after they built the nearby Bucksport Maine Kingdom Hall.One week before the event all 4 tires on my truck were slashed.

• Quotes
    Quotes

DH said:
    ==============
    One week before the event all 4 tires on my truck were slashed.
    ==============

I was going to ask how they figured out which truck was associated with the letter, but then remembered that you have (or at least had) a travelling sign truck. I suppose that makes you an easy target?!?!

Maybe time for some "spiritual warfare" of your own, in order to protect your truck's tires. ;)

~Quotes, of the "All Season Radial" class

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Got insurance.

Big backfire the truck was on main street in town center and i left it there for a week for tens of thousands of passerby's to view.The dubs have painted me as a deranged hate monger,well every cop in town saw it,and i didn't even file a police complaint.I then took the truck off the road,and no longer have a vehicle for them to vandalize.

I am making inroads against them on the information superhighway.

If they try to assault me on my property it would be suicide for them and they know it.

I have a mission,i want all my money back,compensate me for damages and i will go away.

Hallmark of a fanatical cult,refusal to negotiate.Jim Jones and David Koresh same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit