The purpose driven life?

by MelbaToast 11 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Any religion or belief system that is fear-based ... I run from! Instilling fear in religion occurs so that the leaders may gain control over their flock ... not healthy.

Love

ESTEE

• MelbaToast
    MelbaToast

LT, Estee, KLS, you are right on the button! I think that worship is a very personal decision, one not to be taken lightly. This does harbor negative feelings about christianity, and people run scared from that aspect.

Having experiences with right-wing xtians before, I can see beyond the dialogue and know shes really hurting. The meds are another story. She takes em when she has a breakdown, and goes to the doctor, stays on em until they get in her system, and because she feels better, goes off of them. Its a vicious cycle, and one I have been through with her a couple different times. Also, her hormone levels are not right, she has been through a hysterectomy in the past months and is going through early menopause. So its difficult to judge whats worse, the chemical imbalance or the lack of hormones.

I am going to check out the book recommended by ciactrix...and see if I can shed some light on this subject for her.

It was just so weird, I felt like I was talking to a JW......and brought up some emotions that I try to keep on the down low. But I have also decided that we are going to have a talk. It may require me delving into some new testament, old testament stuff so any suggestions are welcome!

Edited to add: LMS You have been through quite a struggle! I hope that everything is working out for you and thanks for the reassurance that she needs to be put back on meds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit