spiritualism

by Ellie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i really would not worry about it ellie. there is a very good probability that demons don't even exist.
    oh, yes, and welcome to JWD!

• pisces
    pisces

Welcome ellie! I have some fairy statues, my daughter has at least 10 troll dolls, and I burn incence on a daily basis. I'm sure that I do more things that should supposedly invite the demons, but I have never had anything bad happen to me. So go ahead and buy the candleholder.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

welcome ellie. i'd say any superstition like that would be a channel for demunx rather than the object.

• heathen
    heathen

I think they charge extra for the demonnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzz so you would know if it actually had any . LMAO I do believe in evil spirits and personally wouldn't have anything to do with something like that but that's not saying I think you will get demonnnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzz . If you do get demonnnnnnnnzzzzzzzzzz you could always call that show that is looking for things like that and maybe get on TV . Plumbers by day but ghost hunters at night .................

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Ellie,

I have one or two crystals in the house because they are natural and beautiful. My JW friends used to believe they had healing powers (before they became JWs) but I always said just enjoy them for how nice they look! They have no evil power, demons exist only in our minds - please don't take Biblical references literally, that is if you believe in the Bible.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Seriously, as other posters said, I think the only problem is superstitious fear in our mind -- but that may be a real problem, although temporary.

Superstitious fear is culturally induced: for instance, a superstitious Christian might have a cross with him/her to protect him/herself from "demons," whereas the very same cross would be feared as potentially demonised by a JW.

As long as you don't feel comfortable owning an object, don't buy it. Hang in there some time and you might realise that within a few weeks this is not a problem anymore for you.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

do research on your own and not just based on what the jdubs publish...

it'll all be clear to you soon enough.

luv, kitty

• Es
    Es

I so agree with everyone we have had this drummed into our minds that these things will happen. Its taken me a long time to get ova it but ive nearlly done....i can watch the utmost scariest movie without being scarred the demons will come after me i can believe in ghost etcccc. it just takes time es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit