Super Soakers, Rock Em Sock Em Robots, And Other Innocent Childrens Toys

by ColdRedRain 23 Replies latest jw friends

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    pound puppis, cabbage patch dolls

Don't remember whqt the fuss was about pound puppies, but the old grannies my wife was studying with somehow found something fiendish about babies originating in a cabbage patch.

And the P&G logo was about the crescent moon with the thirteen stars....something about it being satanic. I remember watchint them get all up in arms about it, looking for, and throwing away anything they had produced by the company.

Frankenberry, Count Chocula, and Lucky Charms cereals were out also.......but they have no problem eating Fruit Loops.

Go figure........

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Smurfs.....downright demonized they were....and forbidden. This was mainly when my daughter was small. There was a period of time when the game of chess was strongly counseled against, due to it's being representative of war.

• Swan
    Swan

There was an episode of Dennis the Menace that had to do with a Ouija board, so we couldn't even watch it that week.

My aunt cut all of the guns, arrows, and spears off of my cousin's plastic cowboy and Indians set.

Squirt guns were out, so we were left completely defenseless on the school bus. And this was during the Viet Nam war, so you would think that parents would understand the need to help their kids out in a scholastic arms escalation!

I wasn't allowed Barbies, but stuffed animals were okay. My brothers and I lined them up in chairs, gave them Bibles and song books and played meeting. Some of those teddy bears really got spanked severely when they misbehaved during the talk, but look who we learned from.

Tammy

• carla
    carla

Lucky Charms- I guess I have a mean streak in me, every now and again I will buy Lucky Charms just to see if husband will eat them!!! I don't think he knows about the Lucky Charms thing or other weird stuff. Lucky Charms now comes in chocolate! He usually eats the box himself, the kids ask, 'who ate all the cereal?' funny. carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit