Bible John 1:1

by ArtfulDodger 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ArtfulDodger
    ArtfulDodger

Why does the Dubs bible change the words from other recognised translations ? e.g. in the normal Bibles John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." .... BUT the Dubs version says"... and the word was a God". Why the addition ?

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

So they can disavow the trinity.

• Sirona
    Sirona

They think that Jesus is not God. So they call Jesus "a god" (small g). This is a ridiculous assertion because the bible says there is "One True God" and there are no other true gods. Therefore, is Jesus a false god or a true god?

Then they say Jesus is actually an angel (archangel "Michael").

So God is Jehovah, Jesus is a god and an angel but we're not sure if he is false or not (if he is true, then there are two true gods, which contradicts other bible verses).

What a muddle!

Fact is, they changed their bible in many places to support this wierd doctrine.

Sirona

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

A dub explained this to me - the WORD is Jesus. ''In the beginning the Word (Jesus) was, and the Word (Jesus) was with God, and the Word (Jesus) was a god.

Jesus (as explained to me), has had and will have many titles - Michael, JC, the Word, and will soon be known as Abaddon.

Can someone expand on this please? How does the insertion of ''A'' disavow the Trinity?

• carla
    carla

If Jesus is 'a' God, then the jw's have two god's. Not one, as they claim. And yes, it is to disavow the trinity. Do you see the difference? The word was God, or The word was A God. If there is only one God, how could the word be 'a' God? There are reams of info written on this subject try any of the exjw sites. Also try apologetics sites. The jw's are not monotheistic. They have had a number of reasons over the years about this (one comes to mind about a made up grammar rule). You will need to research greek, grammar, monotheism, henotheism, and polytheism to get a good grasp. Or go to a couple of the sites mentioned above. They really have explained it well. good luck,carla

• Honesty
    Honesty

Christianity recognises one God as did the Jews. The JW's have 2 Gods because they can not logically fathom one God composed of 3 people. In order to make their beliefs fit what the bible says the Governing Body of JW's produced their apostate and blasphemous New World Translation and deceive the average non-questioning dub into believing that it is the most accurate translation of the bible. However, they have problems explaining how they can have 2 'Mighty' Gods as the bible mentions one 'Mighty' God at Isa. 9:6 and Jer. 32:18. They also have issues with 1 Corinthians 8:6. If a person closely examines the WTBTS/JW doctrines, belief system and practices and compares them with God's Word it is clearly evident that they are not Christian and their leaders are blind guides and spiritual drunkards. Ted Jarazc and Daniel Sydlik along with the other members of the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are directly responsible for the spiritual deaths of millions of innocent people with their wacko theology.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

They think that Jesus is not God. So they call Jesus "a god" (small g). This is a ridiculous assertion because the bible says there is "One True God" and there are no other true gods. Therefore, is Jesus a false god or a true god?

This is the issue I can not figure out either. They really claim via the NWT that Jesus is a god. He must be a false god then. Are there any lurkers out there that want to try and explain this? I have searched and found nothing logical.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome, AD.

I was always taught that the dubs did not change the bible, that others were lying when they said the WTS had changed it. I'm learning more and more that it was changed.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Xbehere

This is the issue I can not figure out either. They really claim via the NWT that Jesus is a god. He must be a false god then. Are there any lurkers out there that want to try and explain this? I have searched and found nothing logical.

Surely there must be *some* attempt to explain this? There are other religions out there which also reject the trinity, what do they say?

Note: If you believe Jesus is God that does NOT mean that you automatically believe in the Trinity. You might accept the divinity of Jesus but not include the Holy Spirit in the triune. This means that the Watchtower assertion of the Trinity being "pagan" falls apart and one can still accept the divinity of Christ.

Listen to me, I'm actually talking like a Christian! LOL

Sirona

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I brought the whole, "if Jesus is a god, but there is only one true God, what is Jesus then? A false god?" one up to my wife as an afterthought one day after she made a big stink about the trinity being "so obvious that it is wrong".

It really seemed to stump her. She talked to sister-super-pioneer and came back with, "Satan is referred to as the god of this world. God (small g) is another way of referring to a spiritual being"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit