Interesting new paragraph from the OD book

by ezekiel3 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Chapter 17 of the new Organized to Do Jehovah's Will is basically the revamped chapter from the previous edition.

The name of the chapter has changed from "Enduring with Life in View" to "Stay Close to Jehovah's Organization." In addition three paragraphs on pages 170-171 are completly new to this chapter which basically follow the JW doctrine of the trinity: obey God, Jesus and the Organization.

The third paragraph attracted my attention (regarding the org):

Under the headship of God's Son, we cultivate intimacy with Jehovah by staying close to the modern visible channel that helps us learn how to do God's will. As foretold at Matthew 24:45-47, the Master, Jesus Christ, has appointed "the faithful and discreet slave," made up of anointed Christians on earth, to provide "food at the proper time" for the household of faith. Today, this "slave" supplies us with an abundance of spiritual food in the form of Bible study aids. Through this channel, Jehovah counsels us to read his Word daily, to attend our Christian meetings regularly, and to have a meaningful share in preaching the "good news of the kingdom." (Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20; Josh. 1:8; Ps. 1:1-3) Never would we want to have a fleshly viewpoint of this channel of communication. To do so could cause us to lose sight of the fact that Jehovah is directing his organization, and we could thereby reject his efforts to draw us closer to him. Instead, we should endeavor to stay close to the visible part of Jehovah's organization and to respond to its direction. This will draw us closer to our God, Jehovah, and will serve to strengthen and protect us despite trials.

Does this mean JWs can no longer say they are being lead by imperfect men? Is that a "fleshly viewpoint?"

• luna2
    luna2

Fleshly as in realizing that they are a bunch of men who fudge the facts, change the dates and write WT articles and books in double-speak to keep the wool pulled over the r & f's eyes. ::sigh::

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Through this channel, Jehovah counsels us to read his Word daily, to attend our Christian meetings regularly, and to have a meaningful share in preaching the "good news of the kingdom."

But they don't claim to be inspired, they're just imperfect men, they make mistakes. So they are God's channel, and their counsel must be accepted as coming from him, but not really. But it is. But it's not.

The worst sort of confusion is thinking you're not.

Dave

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Never would we want to have a fleshly viewpoint of this channel of communication.

I have no idea what that means. I wonder if anyone here can ask the elders AND write to the WTS inquiring what, exactly it means to have a "fleshly viewpoint" of the "channel of communication.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

"fleshly viewpoint" = They are Fallible and Unnecessary

J

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    (Galatians 5:19-21) Now the works of the flesh are manifest, and they are fornication, uncleanness, loose conduct, 20 idolatry, practice of spiritism, enmities, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, contentions, divisions, sects, 21 envies, drunken bouts, revelries, and things like these. As to these things I am forewarning YOU, the same way as I did forewarn YOU, that those who practice such things will not inherit God?s kingdom.

I guess they want to be untouchable and unquestionable.

• Charisma
    Charisma

I am confused. How is this new? This sounds like the same stuff they have always said?

• rebel8
    rebel8

Me too. Sounds like the same old drivel.

Any sentence with the word "fleshly" brings on an urge to vomit. I've never heard anyone in the normal world ever use that word.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

You mean you don't find words like that "happifying," rebel8?

Yeah, same reaction here!

Nina

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3
    I am confused. How is this new?

Only that this is a revision to the Organized book. The OD book has an additional chapter (3) devoted to themselves "Trusting 'the Faithful and Discreet Slave'" and occasional extra paragraphs like the one above.

IMO the WTS is teaching FDS worship with no shame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit