14 YEAR OLD JW GIRL ORDERED BACK TO BRITISH COLUMBIA

by SHUNNED FATHER 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• hawkaw
    hawkaw
    Whatever I was going to say seems insignificant compared to the personal accounts of Gary, Rabbit, Java and delila that are written above. I think you have provided the eloquent answer.....

Yep. Gary and Lawrence: the stories are painful to read and no doubt must be tough to even write. But thank you for those words. Your real life experiences show the world that this leadership has actually affected the health and safety of so many lives ... I have not talked too much to Lawrence lately but I still remember those March conversations with him in 2002. Those were the days when he was just starting to figure it all out and starting to meet people around here. It is so tragic that this group had to get in the way of his family's medical emergency and loss. I had really hoped that the treatment would have worked. I hope this BC youngester will start to face this serious danger head on and start to focus on winning this disease instead of refusing a blood transfusion that she may never need anyway. Shane Brady and all his little HLC Elder friends should move on or into jail. hawk

• garybuss
    garybuss

I pity the Witness family. With a pit in my stomach I remember being where they are right now. I didn't have courts trying to force my wife to be rational.

The Witness people are ready to martyr this girl. My wife's Witness relatives came to visit her in the hospital the Saturday before the Tuesday she died. They were laughing and joking like they were standing at the back of the Kingdom Hall after a meeting. The girl they were visiting was in excruciating pain and blind and dying because of refusing blood treatment and they were laughing.

Life's not cheap to these people, it's meaningless. We have a Witness family fighting FOR their daughter to die AND they have the girl fighting FOR her own death. These people are living out the worst possible conflict, seeing the only real hope for their daughter as a damnation sin. I can hear Rutherford's words . . . "Religion is a snare and a racket!".

• Special K
    Special K
    "Religion is a snare and a racket!".

I can't sum it up any better than that, ((Gary)).

Special K

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I remember hearing JW family members saying (after the initial gasp and crying when my Mom died) "At least she died faithful -- THAT'S the important thing...".

No...the important thing was ...she was dead.

Rabbit

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

bttt - for more personal experiences of life and death at the hand of the WT.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Gary,

I understand it very well.

9 years ago, my wife died an agonizing death from ovarian cancer. No help from anyone in the congregation but my "born again" and "catholic" neighbors were here at the house every day to be with her and do what they could.

I made funeral arrangements. My mother went with me. I scheduled the funeral for Saturday. My phone was quiet at home. I half expected someone from one of the local congregations to offer to help with a lunch after the funeral but none did. We were all Jehovah's Witnesses. Finally I called the best friend of my dead wife's sister and asked her if she could organize a coffee and cake lunch after the funeral. The first thing out of her mouth was "Who's going to pay for it? I'm not gonna!".

I paid for it all. I was 26 years old. I was a practicing Jehovah's Witness from 1952 until 1974.

The highlighted part is what I identify with.

I love my FREE life now.

HappyDad

• observador
    observador

"Finally I called the best friend of my dead wife's sister and asked her if she could organize a coffee and cake lunch after the funeral. The first thing out of her mouth was "Who's going to pay for it? I'm not gonna!".

How rude of her! How heartless!

(((Gary)))

Observador.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Delores had been a pioneer until she became ill. She would not take blood treatment or a bone marrow transplant according to the Watchtower Society's current suggestions and guidelines. Since she would not receive blood treatment to support the drug treatments, she was not able to take the non-blood treatments either. She was so weak that she was bed ridden and needed help in getting to the bathroom, and getting food. She was virtually blind due to the blood vessels breaking in her eyes. We were living in a tiny 10' X 50' mobile home that was made for the southern climates rather than the frozen north of Dakota. I was working nights with little or no sleep in a supermarket bakery at a hot, hard, low paying job.

Delores wanted to stay at home as long as she could before she went into the hospital. She knew that this trip to the hospital would be her last.

I had been staying home from work for weeks, caring for her, but we were out of money. Her relatives came to visit on a weekend: brother and wife, sister and husband; father and wife. They were all Jehovah's Witnesses and were all pioneering. We needed help. I asked them. I told them we were out of money and I needed to go to work to earn some money to buy food and pay utilities. I asked them all, in front of Delores, if they could help her, if they could work out their schedules to come to stay with her for a few days each, or something, so I could go back to work. I didn't ask them for money, although this is what we really needed at that time. They, one by one, said, "no", that they had to get their pioneer hours in, until last to answer was Delores' step mother. She said yes she would come and stay a few days. But Delores' dad, said no she couldn't come. And that was that. None of them ever came to stay with her or to help in any way.

I was only 26. This was a desperate time.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Does the Society even know the names of people who have lost their lives in this way? They keep records of field service time and magazine placements, memorial attendance and everything else, What about the people that lost their lives loyal to their cause?

The Governments honor and remember ones that have lost their lives in battle.

I hope this girl gets what she needs.

Thanks for sharing your lives.

purps

• garybuss
    garybuss

I ended up going to my employer who was not a Jehovah's Witness and asking for an advance on my pay that I hadn't earned yet and more time off to take care of Delores. His name was Max Gerkin. He put his hand on my shoulder and told me to go take care of my wife and he'd take care of the money. I did and he did.

Delores lived till January 12, 1971. I was able to spend her last weeks with her at her bedside thanks to Sunshine Food Markets, Max Gerkin, Neil Jensen, and George Sercil who gave me the time off work and the money to buy food.

Delores' Witness relatives came for only one two hour visit while she was in the hospital the last two weeks before her death, even though they all came from 100 miles or less. One of her sisters, didn't even bother to come at all because she was on a winter vacation.

The actual love shown Delores in her last weeks was mostly from non-Witnesses. The Witnesses were too busy pioneering to help their daughter and sister. After Delores died, I was left with all the medical, funeral, and burial expenses which, thanks to my employer, Sunshine Food Markets, I was able to pay off.

There was about $300 donated at the funeral and Sunshine employees donated another $350 for a memorial. After the bills were paid and I had recovered, I offered to donate a hand built walnut bookcase to the Kingdom Hall as a memorial to her. It was refused.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit