E Watchman letter to the elders

by teela(2) 13 Replies latest jw friends

• teela(2)
    teela(2)

If you follow his website, read his latest essay, to the elders, if he keeps going at this rate, he will be posting here soon.

• sf
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

As for ?huge bank accounts,? the Watchtower Society in New York rakes in nearly a billion dollars per year?tax free?with virtually no wages to pay its thousands of employees. The Watchtower Inc. is ranked in the top 40 most profitable businesses in New York City?a city that is home to many of the most prestigious companies in the world. On page 47 of the annual published financial report of J.P. Morgan investment bank, the Watchtower is listed as a major share holder of a billion dollar mutual fund. The Watchtower investment in J.P. Morgan is nearly $100,000,000. And that is merely one fund. Doubtless, the Watchtower Society does not have all of its eggs in one basket, as the saying goes.

thats some BIG money .. and to a religion that has NO charitable works, no help for the poor, no help for the hungry. i live off less than 500 a month now.. i want my 40 yrs of donations back!

EDITED TO ADD.. the above figures are from 2001.

• Honesty
    Honesty

He's exposing the WTBTS lies just as eloquently as they are exposed on any website.

• sf
    sf
    watchman

Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:56 am Post subject: It Has Been an Interesting & Exciting Week

It has been an interesting week.

Having "finished" the never-ending chore of proof-reading and editing, I finally sent the book to the publisher on Thursday. Some have asked what the title of the book is: It is "Jehovah Himself Has Become King." (Hopefully, it will prove to be a timely title)

On Friday I had the appeal hearing on my disfellowshipping. And as it turned out the Appeal Committee upheld the decision.

The basic thrust of the meeting was that I had to prove that the original committee made a serious error in judgment. My appeal was based upon the fact that the original committee did not seriously examine the evidence of the WT 's NGO affair, which was the basis for my letter writing and website in the first place. I went armed with a folder full of UN documents and pro- UN WT articles. However, the Appeal chairman made it clear that they were not going to look at any of it. When one of the brothers started to justify the WT by saying some goofy thing like: "The UN has done some good things," the Chairman shut him down. I knew then it was rigged from the get-go. So, having refused to allow the committee to look at the evidence the Chairman says something to the effect: ?Is that all you have?'

I should have just gotten up and walked out at that point, but I tried a different tack.

I asked the Chairman pointedly if he would warn the congregation if he knew that a pedophile was lurking among the brothers. He was adamant that he would---"yes, absolutely." I then told the committees that the WT 's lawyers are presently arguing before the courts that Jehovah's Witness elders bear no responsibility to protect congregants from such predators. I told them I was sickened by the WT 's hypocrisy. They scoffed at that, and when I produced a document from Law. Com and told them that Kimberly Norris had been contacted by 2,000 JW abuse victims they at first discounted it because it came from the Internet. That's when I sort of lost it and threw the papers the length of the conference table and told the brothers to take it home and do some reading. I think it sort of went down hill from there. I heatedly demanded to know why they were not disturbed by such things. No one said a word. They just sat there gazing at me stone-faced. I chided and held them in derision for their silence.

After they told me they were going to uphold the original decision, I told them 1914 was an "artfully contrived false story" and that Jehovah was going to turn the Watchtower upside down?and that at some point they were going to have to take the WT training wheels off and demonstrate their loyalty to Jehovah and not the WT . They seemed especially disturbed by the fact that I said the evil slave resides among the faithful slave and that the man of lawlessness comes from within the house of God. I suspect they will not soon forget our little meeting.

This past week was interesting in another way. Something has apparently happened behind the scenes in the financial world. As most of you probably know, GM is facing huge money problems. They are burdened with $300 billion in debt, (more than many Third World countries) a tenth of which is coming due in the next year. As a result of their inability to service the debt the debt rating agencies have downgraded GM to one notch above junk bond status. (It should be junk but Moody's and company are afraid junk status would create a total panic: Enron collapsed after its debt was downgraded) As a result it has sent a shock wave rippling through the risk insurance (derivatives) sellers. The most visible aspect of unwinding their positions as a result of the downgrade is that the stock markets lost nearly one-half trillion dollars of capitalization last week. So, whether this is the beginning of the end remains to be seen. Panics often start, seemingly imperceptibly and then become full blown financial contagions.

I usually read Doug Nolan's weekly column called Credit Bubble Bulletin. http://www.prudentbear.com/creditbubblebulletin.asp This week's column says that the multi trillion dollar Risk Bubble has been pierced . (Scroll down to near the bottom for the actual commentary)

It has been an exciting week for me and I suspect it will be an even more interesting and exciting year to come.
  • GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

We evolved from apes.

GBL

• rocketman
    rocketman

Interesting, and a pretty darned fine letter. The committee event log is very interesting too (though e-watchyman has been eagerly awaiting economic collapse for quite a while now...reminiscent of good 'ol You Know) and right-on in terms of how elders would react when prsented with evidence of WTS duplicity and hypocrisy.

• Stromboli
    Stromboli

Yeah he's been saying that the ecomomy will collapse as some kind of prophecy and people as foolish enough to think "oh yes he knows" when people like:

Dick Cheney

Matthew Simmons - W. Bush?s energy advisor

oh well I can't be bothered just go to http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/ and read (3 pages)

have warned us many times that the near future will see big changes or even collapse.

Anyway, regardless of that, the fact that this system will come to collapse is very easy to predict, we need to produce a bit more every year, of course we're gonna run out of something crucial soon or later.....the process started in Italy in the middle age with Banks (so that estortion was legalized...) Today if you don't produce more you can't pay debts and every nation has debts...We have big problems and only less than half of the world is consuming, so far.....

here you go I'm a prophet too...

tsh..

of the ***It's easy to be a prophet nowadays, just keep yourself informed, and be self-absorbed*** Class

• rocketman
    rocketman

Oh, I was referring to E-watchy's posts here in the past under the username "You Know" (Several others here also suspect that the two are one and the same). He was forecasting economic doom quite often. He was also heavily into Isaiah and Jeremiah - and in his letter posted at his site those are the two books he quotes from.

But I must say he wrote quite the letter. Good job YK.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

The "economy" never really existed since the bartering days passed, real goods for real goods valued at the recipient's discretion. How can an immaterial abstract concept collapse? Only in the imagination of people. Anyone who trades control of the WTS for control of economic indicators has made a trade from imagined control to imagined control.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit