Do world events preoccupy you?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11
    love11, I don't think the government regulates the news as much as making money.

True. But in America there have been cases of that. Like when "the military" wouldn't show pictures of the dead soldiers caskets coming home. They said it would be... disrespectful ? I think at the time this all happened, Bush didn't want anymore bad publicity on the Iraqi war and "persuaded" the military to make that decision. IMO There are alot of weird things like that happening. But also, I am into all of the conspiracy theories, although I don't believe most to be true. I think it's because after the witnesses pulling a "wool over my eyes" as a child, I'm less likely to believe people or organizations.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    I think you keep forgeting that people today have the ability to kill huge amounts of people with just a push of a button

if you want to go to the opposite extreme, you can be crippled by fear from any one of a number of possible extinction scenarios...

we have any number of potential asteriods unseen... we have the caldera of Yellow stone park and about a half dozen other possible others lurking about the globe...etc.

I was only commenting on the human factor of the scarry news.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

People in every generation in the last 2,000 years have believed they were living in the last days, mostly due to the same Scriptures, and misinterpretations of prophecy.

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

I lived through the terrible nuclear war years. At the height of freddy franz's prophecys, cried while the brothers in malawi were persecuted.

It just don't get to me like it used to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit