Do world events preoccupy you?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When you read the news on the net or tv or in the news paper, do you get worried about war, oil prices, ozone depletion, species dying, and the list could go on and on, or are you just numb about it?

I found these 2 forums, and they really think that the end is close, and they aren't JW's !!!!

http://pub15.ezboard.com/fthefinalphasefrm18

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=9

(click on main forum at bottom of the page)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Nope. Sorry to be numb, but if they arent blowing me up or executing me, I don't care. I just watch the weather. Screw it.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Sometimes world events upset me, and other times I feel a little philosophical/positive about mankind; like the way some endangered species have come back, county garbage trucks pick up recycleables, and the way medicine & science have progressed even over the last 10 years.

Hope that doesn't sound too naive.

• delilah
    delilah

I don't think I would say that I am preoccupied with world events, but I do take an interest in what's happening. I don't think things can go on the way they are now, without SOMETHING giving. But I am unsure of WHO or WHAT if any one, can help us out of this mess we seem to be in. I'm sort of leaning towards God doing something, as I do believe He made the earth forever. But I do not subscribe to the idea that there will be an "armaggeddon" that only JW's will survive. I think God will rid the earth of "wicked people", whoever they might be. I dunno.....but the scientists have been saying that the world is in a sad state of affairs for as many years as the JW's...I guess I am satisfied to leave it with the "powers that be".

Dee

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

yes, they occupy a bunch of my time. and i worry about it all now. it's hellish sometimes.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

When I was a JW, every world event seemed to consume me with fear...I would take it to the extreme. Now I watch TV and if I let myself, I start that pattern all over again. That's why I reach my saturation point and finally turn off the tele!

• love11
    love11

Not anymore- I don't like to watch the news, it only brings me down. Every other month or so, I'll catch it just to see what's new in the world.

I always watch the weather channel and HGTV.

• heathen
    heathen

I'm one of those guys that expects the worst and can't see any of the good in what is happening in the world . I have read the bible and it isn't just what the dubbies say that influences my thinking on the topic . The bible is very clear that the world will be in complete shambles when jesus returns and that he will be the reason why anybody is saved . I expect more natural disasters and more nations fighting it out , perhaps even a nuclear exchange but also feel that things will get better afterward .

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I want to add one more thing. One reason I hate watching the news, is that the reporters adore bad news--you can see the excitement in their eyes when they talk about death and destruction. Somehow reporting good things that happen does not get as much attention for the viewers.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    The Bible is very clear that the world will be in complete shambles when Jesus returns and that he will be the reason why anybody is saved . I expect more natural disasters and more nations fighting it out , perhaps even a nuclear exchange but also feel that things will get better afterward.

I feel the same way.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit