My JW neighbor's birthday

by bebu 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma

She may feel some remorse about this, but I know you'll handle it perfectly. She's very lucky to have you!

Emma

• desbah
    desbah

Bebu, your such a good neighbor and friend to celebrate your JW neighbor birthday. Sometimes it takes a act of kindness from another person outside the borg to question their faith. You have given me the courage to celebrate my JW mother "happy mother's day".

• bebu
    bebu

Reading of everyone's experiences and thoughts here, and the secret wishes of many who went without having a birthday, has made me feel that she longs for the celebration even though the exterior JW tries to say 'no'. I mean, without having read this board I would have otherwise decided not to make what appeared a faux pas, and said/done nothing, thinking that would have been kindest for her. So, really, this has been a by-product of visiting here.

BTW, I haven't said "Happy Birthday" to her in words, because I think she will feel uncomfortable with that... I just hope she can realize that we really do love her, and are really glad to have her in our lives! Birthdays provide that occasion very naturally.

You have given me the courage to celebrate my JW mother "happy mother's day".

Great!!

bebu

• hubert
    hubert

That was such a joy to read, Bebu.

Right from the heart, too.

You're the greatest!

Hubert

• kls
    kls

Bebu, that was the most sweetest ,you are a real friend indeed,,,,,,,,,, and my Birthday is August 1

• bebu
    bebu

kls, MY birthday is August 1, too!!!

LOL!!

bebu

• kls
    kls

bebu , are you kidding ? I don't know anyone with my birthdate.

• Purza
    Purza
    Wow. That's a great experience. You should share that during the next field service meeting.

ROTFLMAO!

Bebu,

That so sweet of you to think of your neighbor! I had a JW friend whose co-worker would give her a "happy day gift" on her birthday each you. And you are right -- she secretly treasured those thoughts. You have a very big heart Bebu.

Purza

• Es
    Es

excellent story thats great...and what a great neighbour you are es

• talesin
    talesin

Bebu,

"Your special day", that is the term I use for b'days. It's so appropriate.

You sure did the right thing. Few people would be that perceptive, to put it in such a way that she could accept your gifts, guilt-free. And you are right, the b'day means so much, and most of us want it to be recognized.

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit