Disfellowship?????????????????????

by tattoogrl333 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

GodRules,

I don't mean to insult you. If I did, I apologize. I really do try to be kind to all, whether I agree with them or not. I HONESTLY am sorry for offending you, but when I read back on my words...I think I only stated facts.

So I have some questions for you...What did you do to soothe tattoogirl's doubts? Your first response to her was to question her sincerity. So this is where I wonder...Where is it your responsibility to question her sincerity? Isn't that God's job? I am not God so I didn't question her sincerity - I really don't know much about her attitude or her heart.

So I still stand by my comments - you rarely argue about the point at hand. You redirect and make things personal. In your retort to tattoogirl, there wasn't one scripture to base your comments on. On top of that, this comment...

"The sister explained it to you correctly, if the person shows repentance, then he/she will not be disfellowshipped."

...is not true. I was repentant of my sins and was still disfellowshipped! In theory that shouldn't have happened right? I know my situation is one of many that were handled incorrectly. So there is SOMETHING wrong with the methods of "God's Organization".

GR - Seriously, my intention was not to be rude to you. I was just stating what I see when I read your posts. But I'd love for you to prove me wrong. When you respond to people such as tattoogirl, please take some of my suggestions:

1. Use bible references to prove her wrong.
    2. Be kind.
    3. Address the issue - don't attack the person.

Billygoat

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Godrules: You have not done your homework. The officially
    sanctioned answer to the question, as published by the faithful
    and discrete slave, for dissemination to the masses is this:

"Do they believe that they are the only ones who will be saved?
    No. ... Jesus admonished that we should not be judging one
    another. We tend to look on the outward appearance. God
    looks on the heart." (Jehovah's Witnesses in the 20th Century, 1978, p 27)

It is true that every JW will give a slightly different answer, but
    the overall gist is that even though they believe that everyone else
    will die, they must sidestep the question, if not outright lie.

• gsark
    gsark

here are some links, some are to particular areas of the discussion boards that I don't want to repost here, I just linked to in order to save bandwidth. I believe the last two apply particulary to me.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=8947&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=8768&site=3

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=8933&site=3

http://www.freeminds.org/psych/rape.htm

I guess I have to say that the term 'only impertfect' just doesn't bring a very great measure of comfort to me anymore.

As for 'against jehovah's Witnesses', my daughter and her husband and my sister-in-law and her husband are JW's and they are very fine people.

Life is a roller coaster. Get in, sit down, shut up and hang on!

• GodRules
    GodRules

peace: I never said that I wanted you destroyed. The Satan example was just that an example of someone trying to learn the truth about someone and going to ask his enemy. Don't read too much into the postings and get all roused up for no reason. I do not want you destroyed, I want that asshole Satan destroyed!

I want you live forever in peace, love and harmony.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I can't wait till satan is destroyed so that there will no longer be thrift shops and smurfs.

• GodRules
    GodRules

Billy:

I agree with what you say. I should not have doubted Tattoogrl and I posted a message to her on that respect.

You say that I don't argue the point at hand. Well, I try to. I'm not the best writer in the world, you know. I just say what's in my heart. But you are right, I should use more scriptures and back up my comments. Please understand that many times I read posts while at work and don't have time to look up every reference, so I say my point of view. Being kind is very hard in this board because most attack every single word one says if it's not against the WTS or Jehovah's Witnesses. But, again, I must try harder. Peace, bro.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You read posts at work? That's stealing time from your
    employer - a disfellowshipping offence.

It's nice to see we're back on topic.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

n/t

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

I love it! LOL

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

RunningMan - LOL! Too funny! I guess I'm up for DFing again.

GR - I know being can be very difficult. Not just on this board, but in everyday life. But as a Christian, you should remember this is one of the fruits of the spirit that have so much value because it reflects the God that we worship. Remember the Proverbs:

21:21 - He who pursues righteousness and kindness will find life and honor.

Being unkind and immature in your postings will only convince others that you are rude and unloving. Is that what you want people to think JW's are like? It's better not to antagonize by being rude. You're message will get more attention with kindness.

Like I said, I challenge you to prove us ex-JW's wrong. I question your comment:

"If I wanted to learn about Jehovah, I would not ask Satan for his point of view. Why? Because he hates Jehovah."

Let's turn it around. If I ask Jehovah about Satan, will Jehovah lie to me because he wants Satan to be my enemy? Truth is truth - no matter what you hear from either camp. Take the opinions from both camps and wait and SEE. What do you SEE? Who truly is lying? What actions do you see that prove one or the other wrong? What are the facts? Only you can make that decision GodRules. Jehovah gave you a brain to think with. You obviously know how to use it - you're smart. He trusts you and expects you to use it.

What TRUTH do you SEE?

Billygoat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit