Saluting the American Flag

by jeffk378 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

Let's face the facts, folks. The WTBTS is helping Satan wage war against the church in America. They support the diabolical philosophy touted under the auspice of 'separation of church and state' which is sucking the lifeblood out of our nation. Many good people have become victims of the brainwashing. Our forefathers would have never done the following:

Removed prayer from schools (who cares if the Buddhists pray to Buddha, Muslims pray to Allah or Christians pray to God the Father or Jesus. God will hear the prayers of His people no matter how many other gods are being prayed to. There is biblical evidence that proves this as a fact. 1 Kings 18:21-40

Removed reminders of Christianity from the public sector.

Withheld judicial nominations because of faith in Christ.

Changed holiday names to be politically correct.

It seems everyone in America is free to pursue 'happiness' except Christians.

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.(" James Madison, 4th President, Father of the Constitution)

The WTBTS takes one scripture out of context to support their stand against the governments. They also ignore the principles found at Romans 13:1-7 by twisting this passage in their apostate NWT to conform to their demon influenced thinking.

God mentioned the nation that serves Him in Psalms 33:12 as being happy which is a condition that I never saw in dubland.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Interesting post. After leaving the witnesses, I started Saluting the flag at mostly patriotic events, like ball games. :)

But I do have a question. I was unaware that our friends across the pond don't salute their flag.
    But, do the witnesses in the United Kingdom stand up and sing God Save the Queen? If not, were there ever any ramafications to that? Just curious.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    On a similar note, did you know that a JW cannot become a Notary Public (at least in my area) as the Notorial Oath requires a pledge to defend the constitution of the state and nation.

That's true. I had to take that oath when I became a Notary. I also had to take the same oath when I became a state employee. It would be interesting to find out if there are any government employees who are dubs and to find out if they had lied when they took their oaths. Would they get DFd? Maybe they could say they were just signing up for access to the library, LOL!

Go into a Kingdumb Hull and refuse to stand for song & prayer or better yet kneel at the prayer...

They'll crap their pants!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

I always have disagreed with those JWs who refuse to stand during the pledge/anthem and to stand when in other churches during their prayers. Standing is good manners. It is being polite and respectful of others. Standing is not participating, IMO. Putting your hand on your heart, singing the anthem, and saying "amen" to a prayer is participating. They surely can stand out of respect and not participate. Not standing is purposely being disrespectful and disruptive. If they object that much to standing, they should stay home.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Welcome & Greetings JeffK378,

IMO your disgust is totally well founded. I too have been to functions/sporting events where we sat like a bunch of un-patriotic imbeciles. I always felt really terrible about it. NEVER, EVER, AGAIN will I mock this country & the people who've given their life for it by sitting there trying to take some religious, screwball stand for some pip-squeak cult. America is a great place. It's the land of opportunity. Shame on the Jdubs. They should all be gathered up and put on remote isle, and be allowed to wallow in their religious fervor. Man! they irk me.

Dismembered

"I can see clearly now, the cult is gone" (don't I wish)

• undercover
    undercover
    The WTBTS is helping Satan wage war against the church in America. They support the diabolical philosophy touted under the auspice of 'separation of church and state' which is sucking the lifeblood out of our nation. Many good people have become victims of the brainwashing.
    "We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.(" James Madison, 4th President, Father of the Constitution)

Brainwashing can work both ways. You quote James Madison to support that the government was founded on some form of worshipping God. Note what history says about James Madison:

"James Madison, when speaking of the method and manner of the election of the members of the Congress, noted that even "Religion itself may become a motive to persecution and oppression," telegraphing his own desire for no religious test for government service. He had been a prime mover in the efforts of some Virginia lawmakers to ensure that no preference be given to any religion in that state, and that a proposed tax to aid religious efforts be defeated. Madison and one of the Pinkney cousins moved, in the waning days of the Convention, that the Congress be permitted the power to establish a university, with the express stipulation that "no preferences or distinctions should be allowed on account of Religion." The motion was turned down on a six to four vote, but it was another illustration of his desire to extend no preference to any religious sect." (http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_reli.html)

The Bill of Rights:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." (US Constitution; Bill of Rights Amendment I)

"...the 1st Amendment not only prevents the establishment of a national religion, but it also prohibits government aid to any religion, even on an non-preferential basis, as well as protecting the right of the individual to choose to worship, or not, as he or she sees fit." (http://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_reli.html)

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I remember in middle school going to the back of the classroom to sit down during the national anthem and then standing up for the flag salute. Looking back--how idiotic! If a person is allowed to stand for the flag salute out of respect, they should be allowed to stand during the national anthem out of respect. I don't see any difference. More stupid rules by the GB.

I love the US and would salute the flag any day! I also vote.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

they way i see it, if you dont pay respect by standing to any national anthem, or raising of a flag then your making a political statement and causing offence to others around you.

Romans 13:5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God?s ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

• scotsman
    scotsman
    But, do the witnesses in the United Kingdom stand up and sing God Save the Queen? If not, were there ever any ramafications to that? Just curious.

From what I recall, they can stand up if the sovereign is present, but not sing. Few JWs attend the same events as the Queen. Other events where she wasn't present and the anthem is played, they would stay seated, and the worst ramification would be a glance and a tut.

Saying that, I can't think of any event I've been at in the past 20 years where the anthem is played. That's a lie. It's been played at rugby matches and we've (Scots) all booed. That's how seriously we take the anthem. You lot seem a tad fanatical from our reserved point of view.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit