What are Born-Again Christians going to do if 616 is the # of the beast?

by booker-t 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booker-t
    booker-t

Pleasuredome posted a very interesting post about the number of the beast of Rev is not 666 but is actually 616. He mentioned that scholars have found remains of old new testament fragments that actually show the number is 616. Will born-agains announce that they have been wrong on this for over 2000 years when the apostle John wrote the book of Revelations? I have always thought christians put to much emphasize on the number 666 and trying to make it a real person such as Hitler, Nero, President Reagan, President Clinton, etc; I have always felt the book of Revelations is symbolic and cannot be taken so literally. I think many born-agains and other christian group are going to be shocked when they realize that they have been misled by their ministers and religious leaders.

• skyman
    skyman

Great question. I was wondering the same thing. What is enteresting to me, what else in our translations we have today are wrong. All the fanatics better be ready for old mistranslated scripture to come to light.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Fortunately, a believer's whole belief structure need not be defined a few obscure numeric interpretations!

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

What do born-again christians beleive about the number? We have neighbours who are born-again, but do not appears to go deeply into the scriptures.

Twink

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit