Could you please read this?

by ethan 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi. Here's my opinion, but just so you know, I was a JW for about 20 years. Now I'm an atheist.

You say your sis has a history of bad relationships. guess what? She just got into another one!

While "technically" these two are not witnesses, they are already behaving as witnesses. they are practicing their lying and hypocrisy, and have already discovered that it only counts if you get caught. They are in the process of entering a morally bankrupt cult.

By the way, JWs will tell you they ARE christian, so when your sis says she "still is" that doesn't mean anything.

The harsh reality is that until the time that your sis and her boy toy get tired of the abuse they're about to receive, there is no way that you can do anything to convince them of their error. They have been taught that YOU, as a non-witness, are a servant ot SATAN and are bound and determined to see them perish when Armageddon comes. Armageddon was going to come in 1975, but it's running a bit late...

It seems that you care for these two very much. for now though, there is nothing you can do except save yourself. by that i do *not* mean Jesus. I mean get an education, be physically fit and emotionally well balanced. Enjoy your time on earth, and do whatever you can do.

best wishes. it can be a harsh world sometimes.

• ethan
    ethan

I'd like to thank every one who responded to my message, your information was most helpful and I can't thank you enough. I'm not sure what to do with the information I have recieved. I am a little overwhelmed and in some ways I 'm even more scared for her, actually the both of them. I will let her read this, but we're not even on speaking terms. But again thanks.

Ethan

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

Kes,

There has never been anything from the WTS that allows elders to DF someone just because they married out of the faith. It would be for fornication, etc. I have known a few that have married nonbelievers and were never DFd. I am one of those people. Although I walked away a few months before I met my husband, I never disassociated myself or and was never DFd. And I live near several elders, my family whom are witnesses, etc.

I do remember that about 10 years ago they announced at a district convention that it probably would happen one day that marrying outside of the faith would be a DF offense. Unless they can prove fornication or another offense, elders cannot just boot you for marrying outside the faith. In the case of a married person getting disfellowshiped for leaving his/her spouse...that is because if there is no evidence of adultery on the part of the spouse you leave, the person is believed to have committed adultery. In other words, if your husband is a mean bastard that beats you, but never cheats on you, and you leave him, you are not supposed to remarry if he never commits fornication. Even if you remarry and did not commit premarital sex with your new spouse, you can be DF for adultery/fornication. There are a lot of divorced devout witnesses that are waiting around for there ex's to get caught fornicating or remarrying so they can get on with their lives. I personally know of one brother that told his ex that he had committed adultery so she be scripturally free to remarry again after the divorce....even though it was a lie. He got DF'd.

Very sad situation...

• Bibleboy
    Bibleboy

Ethan,

My name is Mark and I am also protestant... If you get this message anytime soon, I want you to read this message I posted in the forum BIBLE RESEARCH:
    Topic: Biblical PROOF that Jesus Christ IS GOD

Bibleboy
    Canada
    Since: Aug 19, 2001

This should put your sister back on track... or at least help to...

but here's more for ya.

2 Corinthians 6:13-18
    13 As a fair exchange--I speak as to my children--open wide your hearts also.
    14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
    15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[1] ? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?
    16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."[2]
    17 "Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."[3]
    18 "I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."[4]

Footnotes
    1. [15] Greek Beliar, a variant of Belial
    2. [16] Lev. 26:12; Jer. 32:38; Ezek. 37:27
    3. [17] Isaiah 52:11; Ezek. 20:34,41
    4. [18] 2 Samuel 7:14; 7:8

if you want or need more information, please don't hestiate to email me at:

[email protected]

Just let me know...

In His Service,
    agape love in Christ our Rock,

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

**************It seems that you care for these two very much. for now though, there is nothing you can do except save yourself. by that i do *not* mean Jesus. I mean get an education, be physically fit and emotionally well balanced. Enjoy your time on earth, and do whatever you can do.********************

Dear Ethan,

These are wise words! Listen to them! As sad as it may seem, you can not save your sister. She is blinded by love (physical attraction?)But, you can be there for her if the time should come (and it may never) when she may want your comfort. I have family out there I have not seen for over 20 years simply because I don't want to be a member of their "chosen" religion (cult?). They have given up most of the joy in life for what they feel they will come to have in the future. "Betting on the come" is what they are doing. I feel sad for them. But there is nothing I can do but wait and hope that they will come to see the light (gosh is that a play on words?) about the cult of JWs.

Save yourself, Ethan, as that is all you can do......

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit