Could you please read this?

by ethan 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ethan
    ethan

Hello,

This may take a while to explain, but if you read through and respond I'd appreciate it. I became best friends with a JW about two years ago. We were the best of friends. At the same time I also became very close to my half sister that I never really knew. Eventually as fate would have it, the two of them met and when I saw them around each other, I knew they'd be more then just friends. They grew closer and i grew further, from them both. About 6-8 mths into the relationship they began to disscuss marriage. Things were very akward between us three, i was mad at them both.They were my only friends and they wanted nothing to do with me, and when they did they wouldn't even pay attention to me. Once they made me wait on the porch while they...well I think you know. He also would use my house as a place to meet her, and he'd tell his parents he was just going to my house. I guess he wasn't allowed to be in a non jw relationship. Things went on like this for a while and i felt terrible about myself, I felt used. In a way I was happy for them though, especially my sister. She had been in a number of bad relationships. My plan was to just let them be but things finally came to a head about 6 mths ago. I finally told them what i thought about them, what they were doing,everything. That's when my sister told me she had been going to church with him and his family, and she had been studying with some lady for a few mths. I did'nt know a thing about jw's except that it's diffrent from what i believe in some ways. I am a protestant christian, in case you wondered. She was too. He also had a lot of problems, thet i tried to warn her about. such as drugs, alcohol and some other things rhat i dont need to go into. She told me that she could not believe what i was saying and that I didn't know her or him, that i'd never understand, and that she did not care to see me or my family any more (to clear up any confusion, she does not live at my house). I have seen her a few times since and him once. Both of them were very arrogant and wouldn't even look at me (in the eyes). My father still keeps in touch with her, but i think she is rude to him. for example she did not wish him happy fathers day or invite him to her graduation. Him and his family attended however. My birthday was last week and she didin't even call or send a card, nothing. I really didn't expect anything but this reinforces my theroy that she is full on jw (not celebrating holidays). My dad has asked her some questions and this is what we know so far.
    She still considers herself a christian
    She does want to marry him
    His dad was asked to step down as an elder
    She just went to some convention with them
    They tell her it's the same thing

From what I know, you don't believe in the trinity. Thats about all I know, but a significant diffrence as that is one of the focal points to what I believe. I would also like to know why some of you are no longer jw's. I read a few posts, but could not obtain much info. My last question is, if they are still sneaking around (sleeping together)is there people watching them, or spying. oh, and in your honest opinions, do you think that she is a jw based on what i've said? She tells my dad other wise but i just can't believe that. Please tell me as much as possible. I'd like to know as much as I can about what your beliefs are etc.

sorry that took so long, but thanks for reading

• uriah
    uriah

They are very naughty and should be disfellowshipped. See if you can get pictures of them in compromising positions and take the photos to an elder. He will know what to do with them. You might even get a cut from the proceeds. Better still, get a few elders and spring an theoRaid - make sure they all have flash cameras - like in the movies. They will be carted off to a judicial hearing where all the dirty washing will be publicly washed and they will be drummed out. Is this the sort of info you wanted?

• kes152
    kes152

Hello Ethan,

May you have peace!

Excuse the lack of concern, but I would be more than happy to respond. Your sister, is for a fact, NOT a JW. What he is trying to do is get her to be baptized as a JW by her studying and then once she is baptized they can get married. He is not allowed to marry her and still be a JW if she is not a JW.

Now if he 'breaks the rules' then its all on him. He may, or may not get disfellowshipped. But if she gets baptized, the he can 'legally' marry her. No one is ever recognized as a JW unless they have been baptized as one.

Now, the reason I am no longer a JW? It's because they totally dishonor the Christ and honor themselves by saying Jesus is only mediator' of 144,000 people. And everyone else's mediator is the 144,000. The name of the JW book is:

Worldwide Security under the "Prince of Peace." (its a small grey one)

They only recognize Christ when they absolutely have to, the call him an angel and totally demote him. The MAJOR thing is once you become a JW, if you EVER disagree with what is printed in the Watchtower, you will be disfellowshipped on the spot for 'apostasy' against the "organization" (which is equal to apostasy against God.. in THEIR eyes).

TRhis is how they insure their members. They pump them up with fear against those who 'found out' so that the ones left inside will not get to know the 'truth.' My sister had 16 private judicial meetings with the elders and in each one.. the elders could not contradict her. So they kicked her out because she could easily get other JWs to know that the JW religion is full of imposters. The elders lied and told the other JWs that she became very wicked so they would be afraid of her and never ask what really happened. The elders really hate her because they know that she knows, and her presence reminds them of the fact they are imposters. They told her many times that she reads her Bible too much.

May you have peace!
    Aaron

• ethan
    ethan

Aaron,

Thank you for responding to my post. The info you gave really helped me try to understand some things. It also served as some relief to see you say she is not a jw. I don't have anything against them personally, I just disagree with a few of their beliefs such as their view on the trinity, 144,000 etc. As I said I don't know much. You say that she is not a jw, but don't agree she stands a strong chance in becoming one? Willt here be presure put on to convert?

please respond
    thanks,

Ethan

• ethan
    ethan

Oh, and will the book you mentioned, will that help? Where can I obtain a copy?

• ReverendRoy
    ReverendRoy

Ethan,
    You are correct in your assumption that she could become a JW. The more she is surrounded by JW's, both in Bible study,meetings, conventions and his family, the more difficult it may become for her to "think" for herself. The pressure a JW feels to marry within the organization is very strong. By him dating and being engaged to a non-JW, may have been the cause of his father being removed as elder.

As a former JW, it is difficult to be unbiased at times regarding those that are studying to be a JW. Keep in mind she may be doing all of this to be closer to the person she wants to marry and does not want to be a JW.

Aaron is correct, she must be babtized as a JW before she is recognized as a JW.

Good luck.

Reverend Roy
    "Why is it when we talk to God we're praying - but when God talks to us, we're schizophrenic?"
    - Stop in at Reverend Roy's Voodoo Lounge where nothing is sacred: http://www.geocities.com/reverendroysvoodoolounge/

• Steve Josef
    Steve Josef

It seems to me that he isn't a true JW either. When I was practicing, I believed that God was watching 100% of the time and that had I fornicated, the elders would be told by him. I now know the error of my ways, but it doesn't seem that he really believes in this JW religion. Talk to your half sister and point this out. Ask her if he was really a true JW and really a true good person, would he not be sleeping with her if everything that he has learned tells him not to? After all, fornication in the KH is forbidden!

• Totally lost
    Totally lost

Hi, just wanted to let you know. I'm not or never have I ever been JW, but I did marry one. My husband has always been a JW. When we got married I did'nt know much about the religion, except that he got disfellowshipped for leaving his wife for me. After we where married he was'nt allowed to associate with any other JW. This made it very hard on me, because I was raised to believe that nomatter what everyone deserves a second chance, but not in this religion. You can read more about my story if you go under personal experiences, and go to wife of jehovahs witness. Your sister can't see what shes getting herself into. She's like me, Blinded by Love! Maybe you can get her to read my story. It might help. Seeing how I'm in the same situation. Just hang in there. Good Luck

• Shane
    Shane

Witness' could have a force for good, but their mind control and efforts to break families apart make them a very dangerous group for the family unit, which should be very important to all of us.
    You have to march to the tune of the governing body their modern day seers who are not very good at seeing anything, don't hold your breath on what they foretell trust me.
    they think that by not doing holidays God is happy, but they ignore the more important things like love of fellow sinners, their love is making their life worse by shunning them and expecting you to do it or else you will shunned too.
    To most witness's unless they have had this practice thrust upon them they have no idea of what it is like, cause they do a good job of getting you to lose all your friends but the Witness's. There are a few sick members who feel that they deserve this treatment, and that's the only way to atone for their sins, I pity them.
    Shane

• Francois
    Francois

I agree with "Totally Lost" that you should read her story. It's very interesting and revealing.

I'm most curious to know by what are you motivated? What do you hope to accomplish with the information about which you're so interested? What are you going to do with the information?

If you plan on getting your half-sister to change her direction because of your wealth of facts about JWs, I fear you're in for a big disappointment. There is hardly anything stronger than new love, and that's what you're describing.

BTW, JWs are not a religion in any sense of the word. The organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is a full-blown cult. You can get on any search engine and look for "cult definitions" or "cult practices" or any number of other search arguments and get a list of the characteristics of a cult. You'll find that JWs conform to the definitions of a cult. And the more you know of the JWs, the easier it is to see that they are indeed a cult. Of course, even when presented with the facts of the definition of cultism, the JWs deny it. And that's what you'd expect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit