Why didn't I take the blue pill?

by ljwtiamb 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    Cypher: I know what you're thinking, 'cause I'm thinking the exact same thing. Actually, I've been thinking it since I got here: Why didn't I take the blue pill? - The Matrix

An ex-missionary gave the public talk today about Loyalty to Jehovah. Closely related, the WT study focused on Slavery to J & JC (J Jr.).

A strange chill went through my entire body as everyone so easily interchanged the requirements of loyalty to god and allegiance to the organization. It's not so much that it is said, but the fact that everyone just sits there and refuses to entertain any disquieting thoughts.

It's not that I thought the org was perfect, but ... ???

I honestly wonder how many jws would die if they passed out cups of poison kool-aid.

Cypher: You know, I know that this steak paradise doesn't exist. I know when I put it in my mouth heart, the Matrix WTS organization is telling my brain that it is juicy imminent and delicious real. After nine years, do you know what I've realized? Ignorance is bliss.
  • Lehaa
    Lehaa

I know plenty of family that prefer the blue pill.

For me i'm glad I chose the red pill.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

The reason we reached the point of decision is because, even if we were 'theocratically' successful, we were not happy as JWs. We reached the point in our emotional or intellectual lives where we had to face the truth to continue growing.

Even if there were a blue pill we could take, and forget the 'truth about the truth', it wouldn't cure what made us unhappy with the JWs in the first place.

At least, that's my take.

• talesin
    talesin

Logic, intellectual integrity, and an innate desire to be free.

The usual stuff.

t

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb
    Euphemism : The reason we reached the point of decision is because, even if we were 'theocratically' successful, we were not happy as JWs. We reached the point in our emotional or intellectual lives where we had to face the truth to continue growing.

That is such a good point, Euphemism!

Personally, I was on that 'upwardly mobile' theocratic track. However, I reached the point where I just wanted to be a 'regular' publisher. By then, I was already infected with too much 'inside info'.

I remember a relative bragging about the 'great privilges' that I had experienced. To their surprise, I said: "it's better that most jws never get to go to bethel."

How do the current gb do it? I mean, mistakes are one thing, but current evidence is now pointing to only one possible explanation: outright deception.

My head hurts and I can't sleep!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Personally, I was on that 'upwardly mobile' theocratic track. However, I reached the point where I just wanted to be a 'regular' publisher. By then, I was already infected with too much 'inside info'.

I remember a relative bragging about the 'great privilges' that I had been experienced. To their surprise, I said: "it's better that most jws never get to go to bethel."

Several years ago, I'd heard that my little brothers were on that same "upwardly mobile" track. I was actually rooting for them to go to Bethel. I know that once they got up there, they would have your same experience. Once you got it, there's no going back. Perhaps there's no hope for my parents escaping, but maybe my little brothers could. I can only hope!

• TheListener
    TheListener

ljw I have asked myelf that very question this weekend! After loggin in this morning and seeing your post I can only assume Jehovah is providing me some information just when I needed it . All I can say is that I wasn't really happy as a JW. I thought I was but in hindsight I was just fooling myself. At some point I would have woken up and realized something wasn't quite right. So I'm glad it's now and not later. I only hope that I can help my family wake up and see things for what they are.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee
    All I can say is that I wasn't really happy as a JW. I thought I was but in hindsight I was just fooling myself.

I think a lot of the dubs are doing the same thing. Especially the real 'thinkers' and 'intellectuals' still in the bOrg. But hey, that pair-o-dice is right around the corner - true happiness and bliss shall soon abound (just forget about that generation thing and keep on precahing - the end is NiGH, the end is NIGH, the end is )

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

Very good corelation with the Matrix!!!!

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Very good corelation with the Matrix!!!!

in a sense most religions are telling us that this world is a sham and that the "real" world is some sort of spirital place which makes this one look like a rubish heap.... and all we have to do is blindly obey the orders of those who claim to have the keys to that realm. the problem is that we have literally thousands of people claiming to have KEYS to a realm they can only show us by description in an old book which cannot be demonstrated to be more than cultural mythology... are there other realms beyond this one? perhaps, do any of these people know anything about them or how to get to them....very doubtful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit