Were you allowed to play sports?

by love11 31 Replies latest social physical

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

This is one of the things that pisses me off most about all the time I've wasted in the WTBTS! When I was a freshman in high school, I was 6 foot tall and weighed 245 lbs. The coach had been talking to our middle school gym teachers and I was recommended. Well, mom said No the second she caught wind of the idea. The coach offered to pay for EVERYTHING and bring me home everyday. Mom still said no.

Worse still is the fact that I've had to lie to practically everyone about why I'm not on the team. The easiest thing to do is to tell them I have a bad back or bad knees or something. It's embarassing.

Now, I'll be a senior next year, and I'm 6'4" and weigh ~ 310 lbs. Thats the size of a lot of NFL players.

Some brothers in my congregation tried to get a football game going for the brothers on saturday evenings. It was mostly just regular R&F dubs- but one day this elder's kid caught wind of the game.... No one had invited him because hes tiny, hes a tattle tail, and hes a punk. This kid used his dad's name to force his way in the game, and then after a string of events he broke / f'ed up his wrist and hand.

The next week the elder dad gave the local needs on not playing violent sports.

I'm still pissed !!!!!!!!

• dh
    dh

not with school or any team of non jw's, and since there were no jw sports teams) no.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit