JW MEMORIAL ATTENDANCE FIGURES FOR 2005

by steve2 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Surely the increasing numbers of annointed ones in our midst indicates that Armageddon is further away than ever before.

Once the Watchtower cuts the line holding them to the "anchor date" of 1914, Armageddon may be perpetually delayed.

Will 2005 be the year that sees this bold action against historically proven false dogma?

Watchtower, we gaze upon you and laugh.

You would have us believe that you are God's chosen spokesmen, when in reality you are nothing but a bunch of self-important self promoting old turds. You belong in a hastily dug anonymous pit alongside Joe Rutherford's corpse.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

LMAO Natas,

WHAT HE SAID!!

• joelbear
    joelbear

considering that 3000 people were baptized in one day as told in the bible soon after christ's death, its amazing that 2000 years later there are still 8000 of the 144,000 alive. the peak of annointed in this century was around 40,000, i think it was in the 50's. so in 2000 years only 100,000 people were true christians, cuz the 144,000 were the first 144,000 people to become christians. 5 a year for 1900 years and then 40,000 in 50 years became christians.

• ballistic
    ballistic

joel, yeah the figures don't add up do they, like world population growth is so much higher than JW growth, each year that passes, Jehovah is going to kill more children at Armagedon, beyond the few "SAVED"

• keeshah
    keeshah

Many thanks for the responses. I know the official results come out at year's end, but in earlier years, didn't the Kingdom Ministry give the figures shortly after the memorial?
    The June 1952 "Informant" has these numbers...

1952 Memorial Attend. - 196,266 ; Number Partakers - 8,968

1951 Memorial Attend. - 178,728 ; Number Partakers - 9,778

Funny, it hasen't went down much in 53 years.

• lilbit
    lilbit

Hmmmm so HOW old are these annointed ones?

• steve2
    steve2

I think I now understand why, despite so many early converts to Christianity in the first few centuries (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and so many of the "anointed in the last few centuries (19th, 20th and 21st), that there are only 144,000 spaces for ex-humans in heaven: It's simple: There's such a huge dropout rate, as demonstrated among the JWs, anyway. It takes so very many attempts for Jehovah to get the numbers of loyal ones up to 144,000 requirement, what with so many falling by the wayside when they prefer to watch Special Victims Unit rather than trudge out in the cold to the Book Study. At this rate, the end won't occur for another few centuries. Sigh!

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

The numbers for 1951/52 are taken from USA? Because i found them to be 21,619 / 20,221 worldwide. The first drop below 9,000 was in 1986 to 8,927 partakers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit