Hysterical

by Oroborus21 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Almost Atheist,

Actually in California (and probably in other states) if someone goes hiking in the mountains, etc. and through their own NEGLIGENCE they get lost etc. they can be made to PAY the costs involved with the authorities and search teams locating them. (Although hikers get lost all the time around here, they guys in charge usually don't make them pay, but they could.)

Similarly, if someone through their DELIBERATE arson or even if they are NEGLIGENT in keepng their campfire or burning trash or whatever start a wild fire or forest fire, they can be charged for the COSTS of the damages into the millions if homes are destroyed. This also is not always enforced but it can be.

I don't see any difference, in fact in this case after the first or second day, when the story went National and if it can be proven that she was aware of the search going on, then from that point in time she can and ought to be liable for the remaining 3 days or whatever of effort, and maybe even liable for the full-amount of time.

-Eduardo

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    if it can be proven that she was aware of the search going on, then from that point in time she can and ought to be liable for the remaining 3 days or whatever of effort, and maybe even liable for the full-amount of time.

A hard thing to prove, but it's a good point. Her state of mind surely mitigates it to some extent, but you're right. Once she knew there was a search on, she took on some liability for not making it known that she was fine.

Dave

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    This from the person who uses Betty Boop as her icon?

Eduardo,

Here are a couple word definitions that I think you should be aware of. It may help you in your quest to have your opinions taken seriously.

Jean

ad hom·i·nem ( P ) Pronunciation Key (h
    adj.

Appealing to personal considerations rather than to logic or reason: Debaters should avoid ad hominem arguments that question their opponents' motives.

ad fem·i·nam ( P ) Pronunciation Key (
    adj.

Appealing to irrelevant personal considerations concerning women, especially prejudices against them. See Usage Note at ad hominem .
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff
    I don't see any difference

keep coming, ed.........someday you will get over your acceptance of bad analogies; it comes from years of being a witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit