The Organization Trains Witnesses To Feel Guilty

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Very seldom do you hear of a Witness feeling like they are satisfied with what they have done in the "truth". Most feel like they "need to do more". There's all this "urgency" to reach "honest hearted ones" before it is too late. "Everyone" should pioneer if their circumstances could be "adjusted". Everyone SHOULD be in the Theocratic Ministry School as it is a "provision from Jehovah". Everyone should comment at the meetings. Everyone should be at EVERY meeting----even if you're sick. You should "not stumble" anyone. If you MIGHT do something that COULD stumble a person, don't do it! Avoid, like the plague, any "worldly association". Avoid contact with those in the congregation that are "weak". They can bring you down.......And on and on, it goes.

• talesin
    talesin

Minimus,

I have found this extends into their feelings about themselves as well. "original sin" , I mean think about it,,, it grosses me out now. They are taught they are born imperfect, cursed. It's mind-boggling.

t

• minimus
    minimus

Such "Witnessey" attitudes are counterproductive to society. The result is negativism.

• greendawn
    greendawn

This high pressure enviroment is what typifies a cult. In the JWs with an overwhelming old testament background with its stern and exacting god what else can you expect?

His psychology fits in well with the big business psychology of the WTS they always ask for more and never express any thankfulness or praise for the work already done. And if you do anything they don't like, everything gets immediately written off without the least compensation even for 30-50 years of loyal service to the fraudsters.

You don't serve Christ but a multinational multi billion dollar corporation, so what else could you expect?

• minimus
    minimus

I agree that the OT emphasis makes JWs just what they are. Jehovah' Witnesses are not a Christian group.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Jehovah' Witnesses are not a Christian group.

That's why the apostate Governing Body makes sure its sales force of six million people feel guilty all the time and yet most of them have an arrogant attitude towards non-JW's according to what I've heard from a lot of never-been JW real friends I have met since I DF'd the WTBTS.

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are not a christian group despite all the talking they do about Christ because the essence of christianity eludes them, you can't have the old jewish works oriented attitute but it seems that this cult or corporation can't do without it, people have to be pressured to work so that the $$$$ will keep rolling in. The more laid back Christian attitute with its emphasis on faith and mercy rather than works won't work for this.

And with the worshipping of Christ being a disfellowshipping offence(!!!)I could never understand why they call themselves Christians. Big fishy mystery here. They obviously don't follow the apostolic faith, is the WTS judaism in disguise?

What were Russell, Rutherford, and Franz really up to?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The guilt trip is a really powerful tool.

How many times have you seen non-JWs asking for advice because their drifted 'born in' spouses or lovers are heading back to the WT trough?

Coupled with fear, guilt becomes their geatest asset.

• minimus
    minimus

THat's why they call themselves the "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses".

• donald
    donald

yes i agree with the first post....i was rasied in the truth...and to this day i still think what i do in life is NEVER enough.....donald

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit