Discussion of Mysticism and Interesting thought by Rudolf Stiener

by frankiespeakin 77 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

mmmm, lucy's pringles!

• Terry
    Terry
    Rigged from the get go. Terry I'm surprised you even fall for it.

First, any test has to be designed so that no cheating can take place. Any test. All tests.

Secondly, having 3rd party outside people actually do the test is to ensure no rigging.

Third, BOTH parties must AGREE on the test.

All tests that have been conducted in the past were AGREED upon by the person making the claims.

Can you give me an example of just one of these tests (there have been hundreds and hundreds) which you will cite as rigged?

You are jumping at hasty conclusions with details.

Terry

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Mammy!!!

JT,

I like the picture, but feel sorry for the model, I bet she has back problems.

• Terry
    Terry
    It is rigged becasue they call all the shots they detirmine what the tests will be and they determine if you passed thier test. that's what I call rigged right from the start. They make up a test that they know you will fail,,hey they aren't going to lose 1000,000 dollars and give a test someone could can pass and lose all that money that would be stupid. And even if they passed(impossible) according to a vast majority of opinions they can still say they didn't pass according to them.

I'll give you a brief example of a test.

The person making the claim of "special power" was a water-witcher.

He could locate, he claimed, water using a dowsing rod.

The test was designed this way.

Water pipes carrying water were buried in a zig zag pattern under the ground. The design was mapped.

The dowsing rod guy was then allowed to take as much time as he needed to locate water.

Either he would miss the water pipe, hit it by chance or locate it. Two to one in his favor.

How is that rigged?

The test showed that the dowser repeatedly tried and failed.

Simple and objective. No fooling around.

What usually leads people to believe they can dowse successfully for water is that the __water table__underground is almost everywhere. These people are not fakers or charlatans. They believe they have a "gift". What they are is self-deluded and the percentages are in their favor.

Nothing magical.

Here is a link to another of these tests. See what "rigging" you can find.

http://www.skeptics.com.au/journal/divining.htm

• Rod P
    Rod P

Terry,

Here are two sites on dowsing I think are worth examining:

http://www.trickstersterbook.com/ArticlesOnline/Dowsing.htm

www.westword.com/issues/2002-05-30/news/feature_print.html

IMO, the jury is still out on this subject, and more research and experimentation is necessary. This is an excellent case where I think Science and Metaphysics should work together.

Rod P.

• Rod P
    Rod P

My last two sites on dowsing don't seem to connect properly. If you want to try them, you might have to go off JWD forum and do it via "Search" and input the site addresses.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

p.s. The second one now connects OK, but not the first one on "tricksterbook.com

• Rod P
    Rod P

Hey you guys. Let's not let this thread die on the vine. It's just beginning to get interesting!

Any feedback on Crop Circle (besides Lucy's Pringles)? How about the websites on "Telephone Telepathy" and also "The Sense of Being Stared At"

I am still doing research on the Great Randi>

Rod P.

• Rod P
    Rod P

I have an experiment for you all to try. Sit in a dark room, in a chair at a table. At the other end of the table, place a mirror in the upright position. On each side of the mirror, place a lit candle. If possible, put on some very soft and tranquil music, that is very soothing or relaxing, such as classical music.

As you sit in the chair, stare at the reflection of you in the mirror. Do this for about half an hour. Still your mind, and be as relaxed as possible. Try to think of absolutely nothing, and just wait for impressions to come to you as you stare deeply into the reflection of your own soul.

Do this for as many a nights as possible over the course of a month, and if possible, two months. Some people will find it difficult to still their own thoughts. This is sometimes referred to as the "monkey in the brain". With practise, you will succeed in reaching that state of calm. This will open you up to receive impressions from deep within you. When you receive some impressions, write them down.

After the experiment is over or terminated, look at your notes and see what your overall experience has been.

For some, this will work. For others, you're in for a real surprise.

Rod P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit